My weight loss

Kay1975
on 10/27/12 6:28 am - PA

Ok so a few weeks ago, I was upset because  I was 4 weeks post op and had only lost 6 pounds.  Yesterday I went back to the scale.  I had up'd my protein plus change the kind I was using per talking with my NUT.   I also started moving more and was getting in all my fluid.  So I got on and BAM... 13 pounds.  That means 26 pounds since surgery.  I was so happy.  I will not fail like I said.  O and I also started a thyroid pill for slow thyroid.  That was some of the problem.   This was such a happy moment for me. 

Kay Kay

MultiMom
on 10/27/12 6:32 am - NH

I am SOoooooo stinkin' happy for you!!!!!!!!!!

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

kimikim
on 10/27/12 6:36 am - rockford, IL

FANTASTIC!!  I am so glad you found a solution.  Keep me posted.

Kimi

southbay311
on 10/27/12 7:04 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12

Fab news. it does take patience with these changes!!! Hang in and best to you

Nance

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Cindyagogo
on 10/27/12 9:00 am
RNY on 02/21/12

Woohoo!!

Kelly M.
on 10/27/12 10:56 am - TX

longhornrose
on 10/27/12 11:10 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12

Wow!  That's fantastic!  I'm losing very slowly, and so I can probably take your example of upping protein and fluid.  I've just had such a hard time with that! 

Congratulations on seeing such a dramatic drop.  I know how exciting that must have been for you!

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

daphneb
on 10/27/12 6:49 pm - AK

It's ironic, but if you eat more, and drink all your fluids (when I say eat more - I mean actually getting in all your meals and maxing out on your food amount) you lose more weight.  I have been on a good roll and the last 12 lbs came off in the last 2 1/2 weeks.  It's crazy, because I had a plateau for about 3 1/2 weeks and was so frustrated.  I kept eating and exercising and doing my protein shakes like normal, no cheating - impossible to do now, and wasn't going anywhere.  However, if you're patient, it will pay off.  Just keep it up!  It's super exciting when you go through your closet and half of it doesn't fit anymore, not because you've gotten too fat, but now because it's too big!

Keep it up, I know how you feel:)

stoli08
on 10/28/12 6:32 am - NY
RNY on 10/08/12

So glad you posted this! I have lost 30lbs. so far and I've been nervous about not losing more recently. I'm 4 weeks out and today I went shopping for more protein rich foods and set up a better eating schedule. I'm also cleared to start my treadmill again so that starts tomorrow too. I also take thyroid meds and it's a really high dose so I know how that feels when hypothyroidism is in the way. Thanks for reassuring me with this post that I'm still on the right path.

Melissa W.
on 10/29/12 5:42 am - West Columbia, SC

Way to go!

Most Active
Recent Topics