Question??

Angela_Italiana
on 10/29/12 10:50 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Hello all! I'm new here, and am looking for a little bit of clarification.  I am 3 months in to a 6 month physician-supervised diet. With the exception of the remaining three months on the diet, I have completed the rest of requirements needed by my insurance. My questions is: Is the letter of medical necessity sent to the insurance company after the completion of the six months? Or prior? I see people who are given tentative surgery dates that's why I ask. 

Thanks for the help! It's been great reading the forums over the last couple weeks. It really is giving me more detailed insight of what my future journey will look like kiss

Megan K.
on 10/29/12 10:55 am
RNY on 02/18/13

What I am seeing is that every program is different (even with different insurers it is different).  With mine, it goes through insurance first--date second.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/29/12 11:00 am - OH
My PCP sent it to my surgeon while i was doing the 3-month program and then my surgeon sent ALL the documentation to the insurance company at the end of the 3 months. (That way, it all went together and the insurance company could not say they didn't get something.)

My surgeon would not give surgery dates until they had received insurance approval because it would result in too many surgeries having to be rescheduled because of insurance issues.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

brenlee1965
on 10/29/12 11:16 am - New Berlin, NY
Every insurance company is different. My Bariactric center submitted my paperwork to the insurance company after I completed all the things and the psych appt; then they schedule the surgery, because BCBS lets them know within a week or so. The surgery date was out a month, so if something else was required, we'd have time to get it done without having to cancel the surgery.
 Bren                
Angela_Italiana
on 10/29/12 11:30 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Thanks, everyone 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?