So....Everything tastes like chicken!!!!

lisa8743
on 11/1/12 12:23 pm - MD
Yep, everything tastes like chicken, which is totally disgusting too, as I'm 9 days out of surgery! Good god, I ate oranges (sugar free) and they tasted like chicken. I cant eat anything except sugar free rice pudding, and plain oatmeal and about 1 protein shake a day. Every kind of meat disgusts me at the mere thought of it!!!! Every single thing I've tried really grosses me out! Things like tuna were one of my faves, cannot stomach (pouch) it now, LOL. Well i go to get my staples out tomorrow and have already called my nurse and she didn't seem so concerned, so we'll see????????
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. Oprah.

Annie_Anaba
on 11/1/12 1:22 pm
RNY on 08/27/12

Oh Honey let me tell you.....I was sick for the better part of 7 weeks. Chicken broth was the nastiest thing I have ever had and I used to love it. Chocolate??? Makes me throw up now...anything chocolate...sugar free pudding, carnation drink, protein powder in my milk. My fave candy?? Chocolate, lol.Life as we knew it is over now and we are on to smaller and better things. Good luck and try to get in the water and protein.

garnetgal
on 11/1/12 2:24 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12

It gets better after some time passes. Although, I'm happy to say nowadays I seem to crave protein in any way shape or form as long as it doesn't come in a shake!!!! Have you tried refried beans with some cheese? Excellent source of protein and really does NOT taste like chicken!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views