Happy Weekend~Hey Guys, Quick Question.......

lisa8743
on 11/2/12 11:50 pm - MD
Can anyone tell me if OptiSource Post Bariatric Surgery Formula Chewable Citrus Tablets are truly as described????? What I mean is it true that this would be the only vitamin needed, cuz damn, that sure beats taking all those other supplements! From the reviews online some say their blood work is fine just with that alone??????????

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. Oprah.

poet_kelly
on 11/3/12 12:00 am - OH
On November 3, 2012 at 6:50 AM Pacific Time, lisa8743 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if OptiSource Post Bariatric Surgery Formula Chewable Citrus Tablets are truly as described????? What I mean is it true that this would be the only vitamin needed, cuz damn, that sure beats taking all those other supplements! From the reviews online some say their blood work is fine just with that alone??????????

Nope.  We'd need EIGHT of them to get enough of most things, because the ASMBS says we need 200% of the RDA of most things and one tablet only has 25% of most things.  Also, they contain calcium carbonate, which we can't absorb, so you'd still need to take 1500-2000 mg calcium CITRATE daily.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lindah55
on 11/3/12 12:31 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

Oh bummer, I have a bottle I haven't opened yet. I need eight yikes.

lisa8743
on 11/3/12 2:08 pm - MD
the recommended dosage is 4, plus i already knew the ca carbonate would not be absorbed so i bought the citrate wafers (chewables) at the vit. shoppe, eeew but u have to take 4 of them as well!!!! Such is life! LOL
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. Oprah.

Bellaluna468
on 11/3/12 12:39 am
RNY on 10/26/12
I take optisource and the NUT says 4 a day. 2 AM, 2 PM

poet_kelly
on 11/3/12 12:44 am - OH

Why does she think you only need half of what the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery says you need?  And why does she think you don't need any calcium citrate at all?

And why do you agree with her?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lisa8743
on 11/3/12 2:02 pm - MD
thanks bella....i will take the four plus four citrate......seems cool....have your labs been ok????? i just started to take them yesterday (i ordered all of mine via amazon and have had them for a month just waiting for my surgery)after my first post op.......

Bellaluna468
on 11/3/12 2:20 pm
RNY on 10/26/12

I haven't had any labs yet, I just started taking them last Sunday when I came home from the hospital.  I will have to see and adjust if necessary.  Given this was on the recommended list, it should be good.  They taste pretty good.

lisa8743
on 11/3/12 2:42 pm - MD
Ditto.....but the citrate is yuk! LOL Thanks for the reply, hope your itching is starting to subside!!!! Maybe u can try something like Caladryl?????? Mine itches but not so bad, did you have an open????? My incision site looks fab!!! My Dr. was really pleased on how it looked and so am I, its really small- 3in. and it will get better with time....you and i are almost on the same track!!!!!! Almost the same goal and close to the date if surgery,Yey!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics