Slowly falling off the wagon !!

emtcmw
on 11/4/12 9:33 am - NEWPORT, TN

Hey all Its been sometime since I have been on the site which could be part of my trouble. I am slowly falling off the wagon. I recently have been under a lot of stress . I also work in EMS and have  frequented more drive thru's than cooking. I know some of my bad habits to change. but I wondered if  anyone may have some advice to help get me back on track. I have gained about 15 pds back and I will not let this beat me again.  

Carla

dawnie55
on 11/4/12 10:00 am - Garden Grove, CA

I havent really falling off the wagon ..but i just dont want to eat

and when i do eat its the wrong things..I havent gain any weight back

i will b 1 yr. out this month and have lost 75 pounds

sometime i feel like im headed down that road

Kay L.
on 11/4/12 10:25 am - N., AL
Start using a food tracking program and go back to the basics. Protein first,.at least eight glass of water, but not for thirty minutes after you eat. Exercise. Vitamins. Review "the rules." Get back in the mindset.

You can do it. And sooner than later would be best.
emtcmw
on 11/4/12 10:25 am - NEWPORT, TN

How is your blood work ??  I recently read that low levels will cause carb cravings ! I have been trying to do better with my vitamins and it seems to help a little.

Carla

dawnie55
on 11/4/12 10:34 am - Garden Grove, CA

Had Blood work done on 10-8-12

Total Cholesterol ..149

Calcium ...9.8

Ferritin..171

Vitamin B12...899

Jennifk
on 11/4/12 11:01 am - Fort Worth, TX
RNY on 12/05/12

Oh, the lure of the quick and easy drive-thru!  It is a bad baaad friend; don't let it drag you into it's greasy depths.

Best thing that keeps from the drive-thru: planning.  If I have a planned meal, I can keep focused on it, direct my foodie-thoughts toward it.  If I let my mind ask that dangerous question "what do I WANT to eat?" then I'm in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!! 

Best of luck to you.  Do what you need to do; take care of you.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Zeigled
on 11/4/12 12:14 pm - Parkton, MD

Hey,

Try packing a cooler with lunch and appropriate snacks.  I sometimes think about the amount of time I need to be on the treadmill to accommodate the fast food.

Dawn

HW 357 SW 341   

daphneb
on 11/4/12 2:56 pm - AK

If you have to do the drive-thru make smart choices.  DON"T GET THE FRIES! Get the chili from Wendy's or a burger without the bun, but whatever you do don't have soda and all the other crap that don't have an ounce of protein.  Get away from carbs, they are bad news.  Get the pinto refried beans from Taco Bell, they'll help stave off your cravings.

Stress is my challenge too.  I have to really focus because I notice now I don't give myself time to eat and wait until the end of the day.  So those are the days where I make it more important to squeeze in my meals throughout the day.

Plan, shop, and stock.  You'll think twice about grabbing something when you know you have it in your fridge ready to go at home.

Good luck!

Dee.spunk
on 11/5/12 5:02 am - Sacramento, CA
If you must do drive thrus, maybe have them do the burger protien style, wrapped in lettuce, and instead of fries, a salad. No soda, or of its a must, diet. But you shouldn't be eating and drinking anyways.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 67 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 259 views