Stupid Question Of The Day

mpjones
on 11/17/12 5:28 am

Just wondering--had surgery on Oct. 9 th. Since surgery I've lost 26 pounds. Ok, I haven't lost an ounce in the last 8 days.How come I'm getting into smaller clothes? I went down a size in pants this week. If I'm NOT losing weight HOW am I getting smaller ????  I'm not really doing exercise as I'm still under restrictions from the mild heart attack I had 4 days after I was home from the surgery.I'm putting this in the same category as daylight saving time--where does that extra hour go--LOL ???

MrsLitch
on 11/17/12 6:14 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

It seems during most stalls inches go away. Your body shifts or something not sure. However if you haven't already you should take your measurements it's quite a thing to watch

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

BezoarGirl
on 11/17/12 6:32 am - WA

I agree with the post above mine.  Also sometimes I don't loose an then the following week I lose twice the amount. It's never the same amount every week. 

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

Kelly L.
on 11/17/12 6:52 am - San Jacinto, CA
It happens so you will always have something to look forward to!? Lol.. It is one of those weird conundrums of WLS.. Just embrace it

HW 274. CW 129

Annie_Anaba
on 11/17/12 8:56 am
RNY on 08/27/12

I agree with all the above. This is the weirdest thing to happen to my body ever. I have been on so many diets but this is nothing at all like them. I was stalled for about a week and I still went down a pant size, lmao!!!

Zeigled
on 11/17/12 11:21 am - Parkton, MD

Wow - heart attack 4 days post-op.  That is terrible!  I had a stall at about 8 weeks two.  You may just be losing water weight but you may also still be do a bit more activity that you're not counting as exercise.   Your stall will be over soon.  Keep going!

HW 357 SW 341   

garnetgal
on 11/17/12 12:21 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12

Sometime in the past, someone explained it like this... As you are losing weight your body grabs fat for fuel wherever it can leaving your fat stores looking a little like swiss cheese, once your body figures out that there's holes, it starts redistributing the fat to fill in the holes. Once the holes are filled up it leaves you smaller in size as everything has now been condensed and filled in.

mpjones
on 11/17/12 11:01 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies--I guess I shouldn't question JUST go with the flow and accept whatever results I get for whatever reason. I'll just stick with the plan and see what happens !! I like the Swiss cheese visual--lol !!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 278 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 277 views