Multivitamins

mpjones
on 11/19/12 7:42 am

I know this has been answered before but for some reason the search function isn't working for me right now--So can we take a multivitamin that is a soft gel?I'm having a MAJOR problem with taking multivitamins--the chewables make me throw up and the regular ones are too big for me to swallow-even cutting them into thirds. I am also HATING the spell check feature--come to think of it  I'm not too happy with any of the changes they have made to this forum !! Anyhow any help with the vitamin question would be very much appreciated.

poet_kelly
on 11/19/12 7:56 am - OH

The problem with soft gels is that they have oily stuff inside, which is a fat, and we malabsorb fats.  So you would absorb some of it but not all of it.  Also, if it's a very small multi, it's either missing stuff or has small amounts of stuff in it, which would mean you need to take more.

Bariatric Advantage makes multivitamin capsules that aren't too big - you have to take six of them a day.  Do you normally have trouble swallowing pills?  Have you tried different brands of chewables to see if you like can tolerate any of the them? 

Celebrate also makes a product called ENS which is a drink mix.  It comes in a packet kind of like those individual servings of Crystal Light and you mix it with water.  It's a multi plus 500 mg calcium and you can get it with protein too or without protein.  I used that for the first couple years.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Diamondhorse
on 11/20/12 1:26 pm

I take the soft gel multivitamin made by Nature's Miracle, 3 per day.  They were on my list of approved multivitamins from my surgeon's office.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views