depressed about thanksgiving

michellerayne
on 11/22/12 4:38 am
RNY on 09/19/12
So this is my first Thanksgiving since my RNY,and it sucks. I hadn't gotten bummed about not eating much or missing out on meals until today. My husband and his family are all eating their meal while I sit in the bathroom and cry. I know its dumb and just food, but this is so much more difficult than I thought it would be. I want to just leave so I'm not around anyone but th at isn't an option. I just wanted to vent or whatever.

celia1988
on 11/22/12 4:44 am - WA

Look at how far you have come! I understand what you mean, but I try not to think about it and now I can walk without crying from knee pain my life is better than a piece of pie. I am cooking a turkey, but we will have tons left over since I can only have a few bites.. Try to move beyond this and consider how you are taking care of yourself.. Hang in there!

Laurie :-)

cajungirl
on 11/22/12 4:47 am
Why can't you enjoy eating with them? You can't eat everything possibly nor as much as but shouldn't there be meats and veggies you can eat?

I wish we didn't have so much food here I don't want it all, did eat a small amount for lunch, 3 reasonable bites of dessert and seeing what is still here makes me nauseated. Just way too much.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

michellerayne
on 11/22/12 4:58 am
RNY on 09/19/12
I would eat some if I could. My stomach is extremely sensitive to everything but cheese and crackers pretty much, so I don't try a lot because I'm scared it will make me sick. I know there is much more to live for than food but when it was my main source of comfort for a long time its not something that is changed automatically, or in a nine week period.

poet_kelly
on 11/22/12 5:57 am - OH

All you can eat is cheese and crackers?  What does your surgeon think is causing that?  You must be eating a ton of cheese to get enough protein in.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

michellerayne
on 11/23/12 3:34 am
RNY on 09/19/12

I can eat a few other things, but not much.  As for protein I know I'm not getting in enough, when I drink protein shakes I throw them up, I can eat very little meat without getting sick.  I do try to eat other things and I'm careful to chew until it's baby food consistency.  I'm planning on talking to a nutritionist this week to see what their ideas are or any other suggestions. 

anewbeginning2012
on 11/22/12 5:13 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Get out of the bathroom and socialize!! Try not to make food such an important thing in get-to-gethers. Play board games, chat with family, take pictures, and HAVE FUN. If your stomach is sensitive- take food that you can eat- eat while everyone else is eating. You should not be alone crying in the bathroom on such a thankful holiday. Be thankful for everything in your life- that you have family to spend the holiday's with. I would definately call your doc, nut, and therapist- talk to them on why you are so sensitive- they might have an idea what to try.

Kris        
Dave Chambers
on 11/22/12 5:30 am - Mira Loma, CA

Have very small protions and chew food slowly eating with your family.  You'll feel much better. Just concentrate on chewing well, and taking small portions.  Learning to eat with family on holidays can be a difficult challenge--our lives have centered around meals all of our lives. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Lindah55
on 11/22/12 5:49 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

This is my first Thanksgiving too. It is OK to morn the loss of food. It has been more difficult than I expected also. But I just

keep plugging away taking one day at a time. We will get through this and be happy about it in the end.

DebsGiz
on 11/22/12 6:19 am - FL

Seriously?  I am dumbstruck that on Thanksgiving, the one day where we reflect on all those things we have to be grateful for, that you're behaving so poorly.

Please dry your tears and remember all the things you have to be grateful for.

Remember that there are a large number of people on here who would love to be able to have the surgery you received, yet they'll never have it... 

You also have a family who is sharing Thanksgiving dinner, do you know how many people don't have that?

Please get out of your head and back into you heart, and you'll likely rediscover the joy of the holiday.

Sending you a warm Thanksgiving hug....