What are you doing/eating today? Monday Edition

peanutinpa
on 11/25/12 8:06 pm - Bensalem, PA

It's back to work today.  I am ready.  I have had enough of family, lol.

Food for the day -

B - Protein Bar

L - Protein Shake

D - Pulled pork w/veggies

Snacks - turkey bites, string cheese, fruit

Lots of water and COFFEE!

Have a great day everybody!  It's COLD out there!

Do or Do Not, There is No Try...........            
Heidi T.
on 11/25/12 8:48 pm
RNY on 01/31/12

b-Total lean shake

s- cheese stick

l- salad

total lean shake

s- bannana

d - chicken stir fry

s- orange

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
jessann5
on 11/26/12 12:34 am - Kansas City, KS

The holiday was fun, but I am so glad it's over! Back to work this morning. I didn't do any crazy Black Friday shopping but it looks like there are some good Cyber Monday deals floating around so I am going to have to check those out when I get home this afternoon.

B: 1 cup cheerios, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, banana

S: Apple and cheese stick

L: 1 cup homemade turkey chili

S: Broccoli and carrot sticks

D: Weigh****chers recipe for Chicken Tetrizini (we shall see), green beans, maybe a small salad

S: WW Cocoa Brownie only 2 points, and lots of yum!

Have a great Monday :)

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Jamie-Sue30
on 11/26/12 1:06 am
RNY on 10/24/12

Okay, I think I am in a place where I can join in on this finally! :) 

B - 1 morning star sausage patty with 1 slice of 2% American cheese

S - Greek Yogurt

L - Syntrax Nectar Protein Shake

D - mini meatloaf, mashed pot, and broccoli

S - baby bell cheese

I probably will touch very little of the mashed and broccoli, I usually put it on my plate just to make me feel normal. I really aim at trying to get that protein in. I'm still a newbie! :)

Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/26/12 1:35 am - Baltimore, MD

Feeling out of sorts today but not sure why. Sigh. 

Eats:

1. One Nutty Apple Protein Baked Oatmeal Square

2. Hot Click (2 scoops) + 1 string cheese

3. 1/2 c. cottage cheese

Not sure about the rest of the day. I'll figure it out. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

jazzycatz
on 11/26/12 2:56 am - Joppa, MD

Could just be the whole holiday season without your Mom. *hugs*

But if she is looking down on Zelda she is getting some laughs, let me tell you. That girl is a hand full. And then some. But she keeps us smiling.

She has so many expressions. It's amazing. It's like you can see the wheels spinning in her head.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/26/12 4:51 am - Baltimore, MD

Zelda updates make me happy!

Ok, let's do the "comps." Here's where Benji sits.

In the plus column:

- He no longer has to sleep in his crate. He goes to bed when I do and stays down most of the night until about 5-ish. Doesn't have night accidents but is very emphatic about waking me up to go right at about 5. Which is good because that's when I should get up anyway if I want any time to myself during the day.

-He is what I'd call 98% house trained. He goes to the back door when he has to go potty. But he only gives you one warning. Then he goes wherever. So you have to pay attention to him!

-He has graduated from just tugging my arm on walks as opposed to trying to yank it out of its socket

-He understands sit, lie down and stay

On the minus side:

-Everything is a chew toy. Everything. 

-He and the cat keep going ninja on one another which as has almost resulted in calamity several times.

-He seems to be getting into a stash of Smarties (yes the candy) in the basement and I can't figure out where it is coming from> I look and look and don't see any in a box or lying around. If I didn't know better I'd think it WAS mom.

-He has these really over-zealous moments when I wish he'd just chill out and be a lap dog but that's more my shortcoming than his!

All in all, he's an absolute joy. Except when he's a headache.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

jazzycatz
on 11/26/12 5:55 am - Joppa, MD

Oh he is doing great then! They are about in the same place overall, I think. I am still chuckling over the "Smarties". Now that is funny.

Poor Zelda had a bad day. My husband arrived home to discover she had a bout with diarrhea today. She stays in the crate during the day so it was a mess. Her, her bed, the crate...but he has gotten her all cleaned up. Poor little thing.

Her pluses-

-I'm going to give her a 95% on the house training. She doesn't go to the door but she paces when she needs out. Same with her, miss the signal and she is going to go anywhere that's handy.  "Hey, I tried to tell you."

-She has gotten "sit" and "stay". "Bring it" is our fetch and that she is great at but to "Drop it" and let you have the toy back...not so much. She will come when called unless she has picked up an interesting scent then she will totally ignore you. Say "crate" and she will march right in there.

-She is really good with the chewing. She chews but keeps to her toys and her rawhide. She won't chew your shoes if she finds them on the floor. But look down while wearing them and you will find she has untied them & you didn't even realize she had gotten that close to you. 

Minus items-

-If her and the cats don't reach some truce she will always have to spend the night in the crate. Just to keep them separated. On the up side their nails are getting trimmed a lot more often.

-She doesn't want to settle down at times. She is a puppy. So she gets the puppy excitement going. I think time is all we need there.

-Still tries to play bite too much. We keep working. She is tons better than she was but still needs some work.

We love her to death and she is so spoiled. kiss

Cleopatra_Nik
on 11/26/12 6:04 am - Baltimore, MD

Benji sometimes heeds "drop it." He has an affinity for bobby pins and whenever he gets one I yell drop it and he does.

I have discovered that boy loves chicken and will do anything to get some. I usually do up a few pieces without much in them (cuz folks have been scaring me with info on what foods can kill a dog) so that I have some handy for training. He does not like  any commercial dog treat I've bought so far (and I've bought many).

Oh these pups. Celia, I have to say I am glad we share the bond of these pups. I feel like my mom is smiling at them.

jazzycatz
on 11/26/12 2:53 am - Joppa, MD

I never liked Thanksgiving. I'm from a large family and there was always drama. Once my Grandmother passed away I was pretty much done with the whole thing. I even refuse to call it Thanksgiving. It's Harvest Day. It still sucks no matter what you call it.

And now...back to work. I am happy I have a job. That's all I've got for today. And I am just going to keep saying that to myself.

After that drop of sunshine for everyone (sorry) on to the food selection:

Today:

wake-up-FF latte from home

Breakfast- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt mixed with a packet of pumpkin spice oatmeal and a tbs of crasins

Lunch-buffalo chicken salad and a boiled egg

Dinner-pork chop, pinto beans and  carrots

And now...a cup of afternoon coffee. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views