Just a little update

Capt_Kirk
on 12/2/12 1:08 pm - WA
RNY on 06/12/12

Well, I hit my 6 month mark next week (12/6), and I'm down to 225 from a starting weight of 352.2.  This week I'm on travel to Abu Dhabi, located in the country of the U.A.E.  I'll be in the UAE from 12/2 - 12/13.  I've mentioned that I travel a lot a few times on this board, and the troubles it brings sometimes when it comes to "good" food choices.  Below is what I had for breakfast this morning, and I think I made the right decisions.  For any of you who are from the meditteranean area, do you have suggestions on local eats that are both yummy and somewhat healthy?

For food, this morning I had half of a boiled egg, 2oz or so of veal bacon (lol I have no idea...) and an assortment of sides.  A small piece of Arabic flat bread, hommous, and some tasty beans.  

As for my ever-ongoing issues with my wife, she's been 3 weeks since last time in the hospital.  The last time she was there, they were trying a stent for the 4th time, but this time also inserting a shot of botox into her esophegus.  It seemed to wor****il the last few days.  The nausea is starting to return, but with it being 3 weeks of non-issue, it looks like they're on the right track.  The last 3 weeks with my wife have been amazing, she's been back to herself (and even better than before), but I hope the doctors can get a handle on her nausea problems eventually.

Allison P.
on 12/2/12 1:16 pm - Santa Cruz, CA

Best of luck. Breakfast sounds great but I don't know what an assortment of sides. I think that you have done amazingly well and obviously, consistently make the right choices!

Capt_Kirk
on 12/2/12 1:18 pm, edited 12/2/12 1:19 pm - WA
RNY on 06/12/12

Oh, the sides were a single small wedge of potato (I had two bites, it was not good), diced red onion, cilantro, half of a slice of deli turkey (I think?) and a cup of coffee prior to eating.

Edit - I wanted to edit and make sure it didn't sound like I was eating a ton of food.  Basically a bite here and a bite there of what was on my plate.

In the end I think I ate about half of an egg, 5 or 6 tiny bites of the veal bacon, 2 olives, 1 TB of Hommous, 2 bites of potato and 1/4 of a slice of the flat bread.

Allison P.
on 12/2/12 1:32 pm - Santa Cruz, CA

Sounds so good and better than an assortment of...pastries!

Most Active
Recent Topics