Please Help????????

Joni Fogel
on 12/9/12 3:14 am - PA
RNY on 10/15/12
I want to lose extra weight before January 5th, 2013, for my wedding day. I am really thinking about taking fat burners to help. But I'm scared it may hurt me.

Can anyone tell me if they tried this already? Or if would hurt me in the process?

artroxy blue
on 12/9/12 3:16 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Why don't you just up your protein and water intake? I'd think that would be better for us rather than taking fat burners. Just my opinion, though. ;) Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/12 3:30 am
RNY on 08/31/12

Why risk it? Since I didn't know what "fat burners" are, I googled and saw that they're some form of supplement. I also found a great article from CNN about other fat burners. See number 21. I actually learned a few new things.

http://cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/12/28/fastest.fat.burners/index.h tml

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/9/12 4:27 am - OH
Am I crazy...? I don't see a number 21... It goes from 20-22.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

buddy123
on 12/9/12 3:58 am

I would not risk fat burners.  I agree to up your water and protein.  Good luck!  Congratulations on your marriage!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/9/12 4:41 am - OH
Most "fat burners" don't do anything to help you actually burn fat. Some of them are nothing but a bunch of caffeine with some vitamins and chemicals; some are just extra amino acids (which aid in digestion, but not much else). Some have ephedra/ephedrine which is a CNS stimulant and can result in shakiness, irritability, high blood pressure, increased or irregular heart rate, etc.. Some of them are dangerous (the original version of the highly promoted Hydroxycut was revalled and "reformulated" after the FDA warned of liver problems.)

Just increase your protein and water, and significantly cut the carbs instead. There are no side effects from that, and it has been PROVEN to work.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MultiMom
on 12/9/12 6:44 am, edited 12/9/12 6:58 am - NH

Hey Joni, Don't take what I am going to say badly because I mean it in a good way. Relax, take a breath and calm down. You post about every other week about losing faster for your wedding. There is no magic bullet. There is no quick fix. There is no magic potion that is going to make you lose any more quickly than drinking what you should be drinking, eating what your plan says and exercising as often as you can.

I know that you want everything to be perfect for your big day, and it will be because you are marrying the man that you love and you will be his wife regardless of whether you lose 20 pounds between now and then or if you lose 50 (not gonna happen). Try to enjoy this pre-wedding time without the extra stress that you are putting on yourself.

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

DebsGiz
on 12/9/12 10:20 am - FL

MultiMon,

Perfect response.  I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Friendlybyte
on 12/9/12 11:34 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

Listen to the wise one!! mail

Joni Fogel
on 12/9/12 1:33 pm - PA
RNY on 10/15/12

Thank you everyone for replying. I will just up my fluid intake n protein consumption. Since I know I dont get enough of either right now.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 260 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 109 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?