puree stage, can I use pickles in my chicken salad??

Gilly68
on 12/13/12 5:45 am - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

Gonna mix some canned chicken, mayo etc in the blender for supper....can I throw in a couple dill pickle slices for relish? I know that relish has sugar, but dill pickles should be ok, right?? Just wondering what your thoughts are??

leatherandlace
on 12/13/12 5:48 am
RNY on 08/27/12

I did during the pureed stage but idk what your NUT would say. If you have a diet plan it may say in there if you can have them.

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/12 5:58 am

Check your plan or call the surgeon's office.  It's best that you check with them.  We cannot and should not give you permission on things that only your doctor will give you the thumps up on.   I know, so many different allowances on who can or gets to eat what.  Some of it makes no sense to me but again, if in doubt call.  Best of luck, Jane

Jennifer B.
on 12/13/12 11:33 am
RNY on 12/04/12

They have a sugar free relish at Wal Mart I actually picked some up tonight preparing for when I get to my puree stage. It was with the pickles and relishes. I hope that helps.

Amy D.
on 12/13/12 11:53 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

I did and it was yummy. Actually, I have always only used dill relish because I think that sweet relish is disgusting. You should probably check with your NUT and all that, but I can't see why it would hurt!

Yay for the puree stage, lol! Hang in there!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Shelle112
on 12/14/12 11:35 am - PA

I am starting my pureed stage tomorrow.  Glad to hear about the sugar free relish, although I prefer a dill pickle.  All I've wanted since Thanksgiving  (I was on my liquid diet!) was a turkey sandwich with pickles.  I'm so glad to finally be getting to the point where I can have at least the turkey!

What did you find out about the dill pickles?

What other foods are you going to try on your pureed stage that aren't gross? LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 55 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views