Not sure where my goal is anymore...when did you know?

Kim H.
on 12/15/12 12:42 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with

Lately, I've been thinking about what my goal is since I never thought I would get this low. I keep saying another 10-15 lbs so if I have a little "bounce back" I'll have some cushion. I'm down from 332 to 163 and I'm a size 10/12 at 5'8 so I look healthy and trim. I guess I feel sort of like I'm in new territory. I had always hoped to get to 170 and now that I'm below that I can't seem to figure out where I should land.  My doctor and I have talked and he left that up to me but said "don't get much thinner." This is the same sentiment I have heard from many people. Has anyone else gone through this and do you have any advice? I'm only 17 months out and would love to hear form people who have more time than me. Thanks for the help.

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Mal
on 12/15/12 2:04 am

I am almost 3 yrs post-op from RNY started off at 320 and I'm 6' tall.  My surgeon's goal weight was 180 to put me in the 'normal' bmi category.  I made that goal (never thinking I'd EVER make it) and went on to lose another 30 lbs getting me to 150.  I am a size 4 (from a 26).  My weight has fluctuated up and down about 10 lbs (right now it's low because I'm just getting over having the stomach virus and being sick for 3 days) but my size stayed the same.  My body is still 'shifting' around and re-distributing itself. 

BezoarGirl
on 12/16/12 4:16 am - WA

My dr. gave me a goal of 160 and I am 5'9"  she asked me where I wanted to be and I said 140-155.  She advised to get to 160 first and see how I look and feel.  I am currently 181 and a size 10/12.  I am liking the way I look and will see how I look at 160. 

Funny how with women it is sometimes more about the size we are vs. what we weigh.

My Nut told me that if I had overweight family members, like sisters, moms, dad etc... they would problem tell me I am too thin as they would rather see me heavy like them becuase it might make them uncomfortable.  I am only 3 1/2 months out from surgery and not long term like you.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

MyLady Heidi
on 12/16/12 4:36 am

I weigh 137 at 5'5 and size 6, my goal is to stay within 5 lbs of 138 forever or until I stop caring whichever comes first.

Most Active
Recent Topics