Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner...Anyone?

more2hold
on 12/20/12 4:00 pm - Cassatt, SC
RNY on 05/14/13

I was in GNC when I saw Biotin shampoo and conditioner, I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and what were the results, did the hair loss seem to be less or not?

JJ_
on 12/20/12 5:45 pm

Biotin that you orally ingest will help with NEW hair growth....and not just on your head, everywhere.  Biotin shampoo does not do anything for existing hair loss.

With RNY surgery I started losing more hair in month 3 and month 4 was the worst all the way to month 8 or 9.  Now I do not shed any more than normal.  What I did was have my hair cut in layers to add a look of volume.  I am now regrowing it all one length again.

Judy

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/20/12 10:03 pm - OH
There is nothing you can do to prevent the hair loss. Google "telogen effluvium" to read about what it is and why it happens. Shampoo, conditioner, and vitamins will do nothing to prevent the loss. NOT getting enough protein and vitamins can make it WORSE than it otherwise would be, though.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Debbie W.
on 12/20/12 10:27 pm
RNY on 12/11/12

My dr said to take a biotin supplement.....hmmmm

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/20/12 11:21 pm - OH
All biotin can do is to help encourage regrowth; it will NOT prevent hair loss. In large doses, BTW, it can cause growth of excess facial hair (which is permanent).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views