Closing in on 5 months and 100 lbs (pics)

a_better_life81
on 12/22/12 10:11 pm - Concord, NC
RNY on 07/24/12

Well, I am five months on tomorrow. I hit 96 lbs lost this morning. So, I won't be hitting 100 lbs lost by five months. But I should hit it by 6 months which was a secret and personal goal for me! It's been an interesting journey so far with lost of emotions and things I have had to overcome. I have lost my dad whom I was exceptionally close with and my gram who was like my mother in the past 6 months. I have survived Halloween and Thanksgiving and now Christmas with out any draw backs, set backs or whining. My girls are learning (with out  knowing) lifelong better habits while they try to help me make better choices. 

I had some moments in the start where I was not sure if I had done the right thing or if this was going to work for me. I am glad I did it. I would not go back and I would not change things. I feel better for sure and I have a great new confidence that I just love. 

If you are thinking about surgery or just getting started in your journey, know you are not alone in your struggles and that one day  you will wake up and realize that all the new things you have been doing such as reading labels and counting and all those things that feel overwhelming.. are habits now and you don't mind them at all.  There will be good days and bad days like everything else and you will always have questions about something and asking them is a must! 

The first picture was taken May last year on my anniversary trip. I was 280 lbs. and believe me, I was sucking it in!  The second was taken last week at 190 (I am 184 this morning) 

Dee.spunk
on 12/22/12 10:18 pm - Sacramento, CA
Congratulations! You look wonderful!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

MinnieMouse1
on 12/22/12 10:19 pm
RNY on 12/06/12

You look great!! Keep it up!!

Joyceebaby
on 12/22/12 10:24 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

WOW!!!  You look amazing!!!  And only five months!!!!! Way to go!!!  My condolences on the loss of your father and gram.  That must have been devastating.  To have lost all that weight, in spite of the loss of loved ones, is a testament to your inner strength.  Keep up the good work!

more2hold
on 12/22/12 10:26 pm - Cassatt, SC
RNY on 05/14/13

This is a great post for people like me who are pre-op and terrified about what the future holds, thanks! You look great!

new4me
on 12/22/12 10:46 pm
RNY on 12/13/12
My condolences to you on your loss. You stayed strong and loss weight in spite of...that's perseverence. Keep up the good work!

HW: 257 ConsW: 248 SW: 237 CurrW: 165.2 GW: 150 (then we'll see how I feel)

Without struggle, there is no progress - Fredrick Douglas

Mal
on 12/22/12 10:48 pm

Congratulations!  Not only have you done an amazing thing for yourself, but your daughters are learning by example which is awesome!  Children, especially girls, need to learn proper eating and exercise habits and the best way for them to do that is to see what a great mom they have!

I am so very sorry about your recent losses (((((HUGS))))) During this time, make sure to take extra care of yourself.  One thing we as moms do (myself included in the past) is take care of everyone else's needs before our own.  One thing my therapist used to tell me is that yes, of course your kids are #1 on the list, but YOU have to be 1 1/2 on the list.  I wasn't even ON the list for a long, long time and took care of everyone else's needs (including my pets) before my own.  Truth is, if you aren't it good shape spiritually, emotionally and physically, then no one will be.  If everyone depends on you (I was a single mom for 10 years of five kids, twins that are now 13 and triplets that are now 10) and you get sick (I did) no one gets taken care of--NO ONE.  So take care of yourself, doing kind things for yourself it is not self-indulgent.  I use aromatherapy a lot with lotions, baths/soaks, and natural hair/skin treatments.  They don't cost a lot of money and you can make a lot of stuff yourself.  I have started taking my daily walks, when I feel up to it physically (I suffer with chronic back/hip pain that I'm getting PT/chiro treatment for now) and it helps deal with stress.  If I start to slip into what I call "the dark side" which for me is when my emotions and past abuse/hurts take over, I will go outside, cry if I need to, and move on.  It helps me to remove myself from the environment I am in and get a different perspective.  I now KNOW this happens to me, and this is how I deal with it.  I have also started journaling which helps me keep things in check and concentrate on behaviors I am working on changing.   I found that counseling with my therapist (weekly) helped me and if you find yourself dwelling on things or stuck, I suggest this for everyone.  Many insurance companies cover this now so use this benefit.

I have so many things that I want to do in the 2nd half of my life and I am dreaming big and making it happen.  Happiness and inner peace are two of my biggest goals and I will achieve them. 

Merry Christmas!  Keep up the fantastic work!

Mallisa

happygrandma
on 12/23/12 12:37 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

Mallisa

You are my hero.  I have been lucky.  I've been fat my entire adult life but I have a great husband and great kids and no really major health problems.  Then I read about someone who has overcome so much and is making a better healthier life for her kids, makes me quit whining.  My daughters both battle weight although they are not obese.  I wish I had this option much earlier so they would have learned better eating habits.

Have a wonderful holiday, whatever ones you celebrate, with your beautiful children.

Linda

beck2012
on 12/22/12 11:13 pm - MS
RNY on 12/10/12

You look amazing! I'm so proud of you! Hope I can be so successful!

Debbie W.
on 12/22/12 11:19 pm
RNY on 12/11/12

Great job.....you look wonderful!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 316 views