I think I am off to a good start!

alrac75
on 12/29/12 10:10 am - MI

So, I have not yet had surgery...but I wanted to share what has happened since my first visit with the dietician.

The day I met with the dietician and received the "bariatric bible binder" I decided I would live like I had already undergone surgery.

3 grams of fat and 5 grams of sugar...each meal, that is all, no snacking, lots of water, and I did it!!! I mean it was hard at first, I was even lightheaded on some days, but I got through it. I have re-programmed my body. I feel full with very little food and I have more energy because I start with the proteins.

I have lost 38lbs since my first visit in November. I have brought my BMI down 5pts. The big news is that I now DO NOT have to go on the 2 week liquid diet before surgery. YES!

But better than all of this...I feel ready! I am ready for this. I quit over-eating...I quit smoking...I quit making excuses for myself...I found the real me under all of this fat!

I CAN'T WAIT TO LOOK LIKE I FEEL!!!!

SunnydazeRobyn
on 12/29/12 10:23 am

That is fantastic! Good luck!

Robyn

Highest weight 332, Consult weight 325, Surgery weight 316

new4me
on 12/29/12 10:24 am
RNY on 12/13/12

That's amazing! Congratulations!

HW: 257 ConsW: 248 SW: 237 CurrW: 165.2 GW: 150 (then we'll see how I feel)

Without struggle, there is no progress - Fredrick Douglas

karenp8
on 12/29/12 7:36 pm - Brighton, IL

That is the best way to go into this surgery! I did the same and changed my diet and got rid of diet sodas and had a fairly easy time after surgery because my body was already detoxed. The carbs I ate before were making me crazy and I felt so much better with ththethem gone!

brooks1teacher
on 12/29/12 10:07 pm

Congrats on making so many changes already!  It sounds like you are definitely ready for surgery.

You got this! :)

thynnlynn
on 12/30/12 1:40 am - MI

Good for you!!!  I am one of those people that can go all day without eating and then around 7pm, I can eat and eat and eat.......Since the cancellation, I probably have another two months before I can have surgery, so I have been drinking a protein shake for breakfast for the last few days and I can tell that it has already given me more energy than I have had in a long time.  I am trying to eat smaller meals at the proper times.  I have never had a problem with drinking a lot of water, so I am just continuing this but am trying to break the evening food consumption.  I am making my last snack at 8pm.  I generally do not get to bed till 1 or 2am, however, if I get my eating on track, I might be able to get to sleep earlier.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13