What "that's probably not a good idea" food are you mad you can't eat right now?

Amy D.
on 1/2/13 8:47 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

No fair!!! lol!

I hope you enjoy them, but you are a stronger woman than I was if you can actually toss the buns!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
MultiMom
on 1/2/13 8:45 am, edited 1/2/13 8:45 am - NH

I can honestly say that it has been a VERY long time since some food has called my name and I haven't answered the call. Then, wham....Christmas Eve I was at my daughters party and it happened!! There was a plate of those seven layer bars, you know the ones....graham cracker crust, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, coconut little squares of awesomeness. I REALLY wanted one of those suckers. 

I have to add in here that I really have never liked or craved sweets. BUT, with the RH I didn't want to be up all night poking my finger to make sure my BS was stable. Sigh.....

Back to your regularly scheduled programing.....

Martha enlightened

Edited because half my post didn't post!!

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Amy D.
on 1/2/13 8:48 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

Gotta watch out for those sneak attacks!!

Amy D.
on 1/2/13 10:13 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

I'm glad you edited your post because I really wanted to ask you what the food was but thought if you didn't mention it maybe it was too hard for you to talk about, lol!! Good job on resisting temptation cause those things sound awesome!

Jen V.
on 1/2/13 8:57 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12

I miss Arby's roast beef sandwich with cheese and their curly fries. I tried some plain roast beef from there and it made me really sick. For some reason, I still crave it. That, and a bowl of cereal. I miss having a bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch with a banana for breakfast. 

JanBooth
on 1/2/13 9:21 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

I forgot about cereal!  I miss that, too.  A huge bowl of Honeycomb or Captain Crunch! 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Amy D.
on 1/2/13 10:14 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

Froot Loops! Yeppers. Cereal would be good. Even healthy cereal!

LadyAnastacia
on 1/2/13 9:11 am
RNY on 11/06/12

Big bowls of pasta and Moose Munch for dessert.   Why oh why did I have to get about 20 lbs of Moose Munch for my birthday and now half of it is still sitting downstairs.  I haven't touched it, but I need to throw that stuff out.  I hope Harry & David are in foreclosure for the pounds they put on my butt.

Amy D.
on 1/2/13 10:15 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

Ohhh, Moose Munch. That stuff is like chocolate covered crack!

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/13 9:16 am

EVERYTHING. And especially chocolate cake.

Alright, I'm on carb detox this week so I'm being dramatic. But really, cakes and pies and bread and rolls and ice cream and.... SIGH.

I prefer to say to myself, OF COURSE I can have that. OH YES I CAN! But... I don't want to because I don't like how it makes me feel. It's a mental shift from deprivation (I want it but can't have it) to choice (I could have it, but there's all these great reasons not to). Carb monster gets in when I say "just a little won't hurt." It only takes about 20g of carbs in one meal to spike blood sugar and start creating the pattern of blood sugar fluctuations. And I can dump on just 8-10g of sugar, provided the sugar is from corn syrup or concentrated fruit juices rather than raw fruit.

I say if there's a thin person inside every fat person waiting to get out, there's a fat person inside every newly thin person that is pissed and wants a damned cookie, NOW!

Most Active
Recent Topics