I had surgery Christmas Eve morning!!

OriginalShelly
on 1/3/13 11:49 pm
RNY on 12/24/12

After almost nine months of struggle and jumping through insurance company hoops, I finally had surgery on Christmas Eve morning. I refused to talk about the surgery at all to anyone except my husband because I was not convinced it was actually going to happen until getting wheeled into the operating room!! Everything went really well except I had an IV go bad and now have a sclerosed vein in my hand. The worst pain was when they pulled out the JP drains because one stuck..........felt like they were pulling out my intestines!!! UGH! I had the most amazing nurses ever and would recommend Essentia Health in Park Rapids, MN to anyone. Quit having pain at only 9 days out and am finally starting to get a little energy back.  It is so cold here that its hard to get walking in but it will be warming up this weekend so plan to get out WALK! I lost 20lbs before surgery and have only lost a little over a pound since surgery but my Dr. assures me that this is normal for some people. Having the usual struggles with getting in enough water and protein but am making a little more progress every day. So grateful to think by this time next year, I may actually be able to do all the things being obese prevents.

karenp8
on 1/4/13 12:07 am - Brighton, IL

You won't maybe doing a bunch of new things-you will be doing whatever you want to do. If you follow your plan and take each decision one step at a time you will be amazed. I had surgery 18 weeks ago and have lost 75 pounds from my start weight. I feel like I have gotten my life back. I didn't realize how much I was missing!

Sherrie P.
on 1/4/13 9:35 am
RNY on 02/06/13

WHAT A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!!

Congratulations on your surgery!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

BelieveInFaith
on 1/4/13 11:54 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

Talk about a wonderful gift! Congrats and best of luck on your journey!!

Selenan101
on 1/4/13 12:02 pm
RNY on 06/06/12
Congrats! GlAd you were able to get such a great present!
 Selenan 

Most Active
Recent Topics