New to site! optifast?

Alta M.
on 1/5/13 11:04 am - Dover, DE
RNY on 01/14/13

I'm new to this site..does anyone have any tips for helping with hunger while on the optifast diet two weeks prior to surgery? 

Heidi T.
on 1/5/13 1:07 pm
RNY on 01/31/12

Drink alot of water, and keep moving, no watching tv, way to many comercials that promote food. THe extreme hunger should only last a week while you detox. You can do this.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Amanda M.
on 1/5/13 2:49 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
Extreme hunger will last a few days. Then it gets easier. I had to do 10 days before, but ended up postponing my surgery due to an illness. So now I start my liquid diet again on Tuesday. I am not nervous at all. In fact, I am kind of excited. The weight loss was awesome, and after the first few days I started to feel pretty good.

During detox, you are likely to have headaches and maybe some mild lightheadedness. Its normal. Remember no NSAIDs, and drink a ton of water. You will likely pee constantly, have diarrhea, and possibly smelly gas. Have fun!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/9/13 10:38 pm - OH

This is a good time to learn the difference between physical hunger, head hunger, and even thirst (which we sometimes mistakenly interpret as hunger. You are probably experiencing a bit of all three right now.  So, if you think you are physically hungry, drink a full glass if water.  If you are still hungry, you then know it isn't thirst masquerading as hunger. 

Lora  

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 267 views