retaking the nicotine test

lbush1977
on 1/9/13 2:52 pm - IN
RNY on 08/15/13

I have to retake my nicotine test since I failed the first due to second hand smoke. My question is does anyone have a clue how long I should wait till I retest? I am going to call my surgeon tomorrow to see what she says.

Kat Kat
on 1/9/13 9:13 pm - AZ

How long nicotine stays in your system depends on how long you have been smoking and how many cigarettes you smoke per day. For occasional smokers, it stays in their body for two to four days, but with heavy smokers, it can last up to a few months. Also, for people exposed to secondhand smoke -- tobacco smoke that smokers exhale and that passersby inhale -- nicotine can stay in their body for 15 to 20 days.

Tests to find out whether nicotine or other substances are in the body can be done through a urine, blood or hair test. Urine testing is very common and can detect nicotine in the body for up to 20 days, but blood tests can detect the slightest traces of nicotine in the bloodstream for a longer period of time. A hair follicle test can detect traces of nicotine up to 90 days and is very accurate; it's also expensive, so it's used less often.

* The best way to clean the body of the nicotine is to drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water per day as it facilitates the process of detoxification including the flushing out of the nicotine substances by the pacing up of the metabolic activities in the body.

* Secondly, fruits containing Vitamin C act as an efficient antioxidant which helps the body to get rid of toxins by metabolizing the drugs and flushing them out of the body.

* Thirdly, regular physical activities and rigorous exercise also helps the body to get rid of harmful products and helps to keep the body fit and healthy.

Kelly L.
on 1/10/13 12:12 am - San Jacinto, CA
On January 10, 2013 at 5:13 AM Pacific Time, SexyKat wrote:

How long nicotine stays in your system depends on how long you have been smoking and how many cigarettes you smoke per day. For occasional smokers, it stays in their body for two to four days, but with heavy smokers, it can last up to a few months. Also, for people exposed to secondhand smoke -- tobacco smoke that smokers exhale and that passersby inhale -- nicotine can stay in their body for 15 to 20 days.

Tests to find out whether nicotine or other substances are in the body can be done through a urine, blood or hair test. Urine testing is very common and can detect nicotine in the body for up to 20 days, but blood tests can detect the slightest traces of nicotine in the bloodstream for a longer period of time. A hair follicle test can detect traces of nicotine up to 90 days and is very accurate; it's also expensive, so it's used less often.

* The best way to clean the body of the nicotine is to drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water per day as it facilitates the process of detoxification including the flushing out of the nicotine substances by the pacing up of the metabolic activities in the body.

* Secondly, fruits containing Vitamin C act as an efficient antioxidant which helps the body to get rid of toxins by metabolizing the drugs and flushing them out of the body.

* Thirdly, regular physical activities and rigorous exercise also helps the body to get rid of harmful products and helps to keep the body fit and healthy.

This is by far THE BEST response to a question EVER!! What a source of information. Wish there were a LIKE button.

HW 274. CW 129

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/13 2:41 am

I agree.  Thanks for sharing this information, SexyKat.  Jane

lbush1977
on 1/10/13 2:08 am - IN
RNY on 08/15/13

thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics