Back to work tomorrow....a little nervous.

Gilly68
on 1/10/13 11:31 am - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

So I am just over 5 weeks out, down 32 lbs from 252 to 220lbs...I haven't seen any of my coworkers since before surgery and I go back to work tomorrow. I am excited, but also a little nervous as to their reactions. I have been open about my surgery and everyone knows about it. Many of them have been following my progress on Facebook, but still, they haven't SEEN me.  Also wondering how I will handle a 12 hour shift in a busy ER (I am a nurse) after all my time off. I have my food packed and ready to put in the cooler. I am a good "planner" so I have that covered....just a little anxious.

Dee.spunk
on 1/10/13 11:39 am - Sacramento, CA
I took 4 weeks off too ( I'm a teachers aid) and was so tired by the end of the day. I kept wishing I had taken more time off. Other than that, most didnt really notice until much later. Or at least they didn't say anything until later on.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

apurdie
on 1/10/13 3:37 pm - CA

Even in the midst of a crazy pace, you may be able to pace yourself, ask for help, delegate, find a place to rest at break time, eat regularly, drink.  you ate the priority patient right now even when you are caring for others-- like having two jobs, both just as important.  Good luck to you!

Gilly68
on 1/10/13 9:59 pm - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

Thanks for the encouragement. I will let you all know how it goes!

Most Active
Recent Topics