nonsupport

lbush1977
on 1/10/13 3:40 pm - IN
RNY on 08/15/13

I have posted a few times on this topic but I have to make one last rant. As many of you know I failed my nicotine test due to my husband and mother in law smoking in the house, car and just around me in general. Well I found out that I have to wait 30 days to retest. I explained this to both of them and have asked them both to step outside. I would prefer forever but am willing to compromise on just till I retake the test. My husband has agreed. his mother how ever has refused. She went as far as moving her computer into her bedroom so she could smoke just in there. I never in a million years thought she would be like this. I explained that it is not good enough but it doesnt matter. My husband and I have gotten into numerous arguements about it. We have all lived together for about 11 years and have had our little tiffs but nothing like this. So I guess I am going to be made into a hermit taken to my bedroom only to venture out for food and bathroom breaks while wearing a n95 respirator mask. I told my husband if I failed again there would be hell to pay and I will move out for a month. I canr get them to understand how important this is. I am all ready to submit to insurance with the exception of the nicotine test. Thanks for listening

scarlettbegonias
on 1/10/13 3:55 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

I really feel for you with this- being an ex smoker I find it disgusting when my husband comes back inside after a cigarette I can't imagine what it would be like having them actually smoke in the house, I have my fingers crossed for you this next test comes back all clear!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

DebsGiz
on 1/10/13 8:00 pm - FL

Who owns the house?

If your mother-in-law is living with you, maybe explain to her that this is a "deal breaker" and she is going to need to find other living arrangements.  Or, maybe it's time for you and your husband to consider moving elsewhere if the home belongs to her. 

I quit smoking many years ago so will tell you that in my experience, as a non-smoker, you're are going to find the atmosphere in your house becoming increasingly unbearable the longer you're away from smoking.

As a smoker, I had no idea how badly I smelled, how my clothes smelled, or even how my house stank. 

It was not until I quit that I really took notice of this, and have to tell you that when you're not smoking it does become pretty unpleasant  to have to deal with.

I am so sensitive to cigarette smoke anymore that even being near someone who has smoked a cigarette will set me to wheezing and coughing. 

Good luck on passing your test!!!!

LadyAnastacia
on 1/10/13 8:16 pm
RNY on 11/06/12

Now you know just how much second hand smoke you are breathing in that is negatively impacting your health.  Ask your husband if he cares if you get lung cancer?  How dare your MIL actively do something to shorten your life?  I'd move.

poet_kelly
on 1/10/13 8:18 pm - OH

Wow.  That is terrible of her.  Whose home is it, yours and your husband's, or hers?  He can't get her to agree to smoke outside, just for a month?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/10/13 8:33 pm
RNY on 01/10/12

Time for somebody to move.

Or at least get a hotel room for a month. By yourself. Like, seriously. Don't even threaten. Just do it.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Joyceebaby
on 1/10/13 9:07 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

Is your m-i-l against you having surgery and intentionally trying to sabotage you?  I didn't realize people still actually still smoked in their houses.  Makes them next to impossible to resell.   I have several friends who smoke and all of them go outside.  But I digress...

If you have the means to go somewhere else for the month, I'd do it.  I know moving or staying in a hotel is pricey.  So you may not have the means to do that.  I hope this next month goes well for you.  

Pupcake !.
on 1/10/13 9:51 pm - Stranded in, IA
Yikes

Can you rent an air purifier for a month as a backup. Just to make sure the ire is super clean. (With mil still smoking inside)

Good luck

Pup

One of my friends HAD to have a smoke the morning of surg. She was sent home and 5 years later she still hasn't quit nor had the surg.

No surgery has been harmed/defamed by the writer of this post.  
RNY 10/28/03 305# 8/11/04 147#  9 years out and >75% EWL!

thynnlynn
on 1/11/13 5:05 am - MI

I am a former 3-pack-a-day smoker.  My husband said if I quit, so would he.  This is over 30 years ago now.  I did and he did not.  He cannot smoke in the house, in my car, in the 5th wheel.  He can smoke in his garage, his truck and outside.  Even when I was a smoker, there were always those that smelled horrible.   He has become one of those. 

I sure hope you find a solution.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

lbush1977
on 1/11/13 7:26 am - IN
RNY on 08/15/13

I bought an air purifier today and I found out that she has been going outside during the day and only smoking in her room at night. I work night shift and haven't been home the past two nights. I was going by what my husband said.lol should've known better. I hope this works. Monday I am going to spray baking soda water over the furniture and on the curtains since I have to work this weekend.  she always said it was everyone's house but I know differently now. her and her husband pay the house payment but me and mine pay the gas,electric,cable,and buy the food.

Most Active
Recent Topics