2 months out and protein shy

Cassidybri
on 1/11/13 11:45 pm

So I am almost 2 months out and just now getting into the support groups. Feeling kind of lonely out in the "normal" world. I have lost 40 pounds, but I haven't been to the doctors in almost a month and I just know I'm not doing well with my protein. I am very picky and if something doesn't taste good, I really can not make myself eat/drink it. I have tried different ways of getting protein in, but I am coming up short. I need some more options! What have you tried "shake" or supplement wise that has been palatable? I don't want to lose all my hair! help!

cstarr
on 1/12/13 7:30 am
RNY on 11/15/12
I am exactly the same way. I know I am not getting enough protein in. I have tried a few protein bars that are ok. Mostly the Atkins bars is what I tried. If you figure anything out please let me know.

cstarr

Cassidybri
on 1/12/13 7:49 am
I will for sure! I'm going to try some of the Atkins shakes tomorrow
Candy V.
on 1/12/13 8:59 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Try samples of different shakes.  It takes a lot of trial and nasty shakes to find what you like.  I like syntrax mint cookie, cappuccino and lemon tea for protein powders.  For premade liquid shakes I found Premier Protein shakes at Sam's club that have 30 grams each in 11 ozs. 

Syntrax Nectar - 13 ct sample pack direct from the company is now $14.00 no shipping. Just call them at 866-333-7403. There is an option on the phone for bariatric.

Sorry to say I am losing my hair !!  I dont know if you can stop it

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Cassidybri
on 1/12/13 9:05 am
Thanks! I don't think you can stop the hair loss, but that doesn't mean I won't stop trying haha
Mercyg
on 1/12/13 5:41 pm - Hialeah, FL
RNY on 12/10/12
U can take biotin to stop the hair loss....
Cassidybri
on 1/12/13 8:51 pm
I've heard such mixed reactions from that .. I see my surgeon on Friday for my 2 months, I'm going to grill him for more info!
Most Active
Recent Topics