Protein Shot 35g

apurdie
on 1/11/13 8:25 am - CA

Just had a protein shot of 35 g called " Orange Burst".  On the packaging it says that it tastes awesome.  I have never tasted anything so revolting in my life!

iisme
on 1/11/13 8:36 am

I had one called "Fruit Punch" back when I was about 3 months out because I was not getting proper protein intake. Come to find out a lot of the veterans in here say it's not the right type of protein. On top of that even if it were I'd not be drinking it!  YUK!

10 pounds loss pre-op
apurdie
on 1/11/13 8:47 am - CA

Isn't all protein the right kind?

MrsLitch
on 1/11/13 9:12 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

no all protein is not created equal. Most of those shots have a large amount of collagen protein which is not what we want.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

poet_kelly
on 1/11/13 9:34 am - OH

No.  Most protein shots contain collagen, which is made by boiling the skin, bones and hooves of horses, cows, and pigs, and it's an incomplete protein, meaning it doesn't have all the amino acids we need.  You'll absorb very little protein from those shots.

The Yes Whey brand from Bariatric Advantage is the only brand I know of that has protein we can actually absorb well.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Scoobydoo061423
on 1/11/13 12:23 pm - OH
RNY on 11/12/12 with

Where do you find this? I went to the website and can't find it. All I can find is IDS sports whey liquid protein but it has some collagen in it as well

Reach for the moon, if you fail at least you will lay among the stars.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/11/13 12:58 pm - OH

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Scoobydoo061423
on 1/11/13 2:08 pm - OH
RNY on 11/12/12 with

Thank you so much!!

Reach for the moon, if you fail at least you will lay among the stars.

karenp8
on 1/11/13 9:33 am - Brighton, IL

We can't absorb collagen protein like most of the shots are so they are a waste of money.

juleskar
on 1/11/13 9:37 am

If it has collagen protein, which we don't absorb, which is a waste!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics