40 lbs gone forever.....BUT....

Gilly68
on 1/23/13 10:50 pm - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

FINALLY hit the 40lb lost mark yesterday. That last 3 lbs took forever, it seemed!! Not to bad, though, for 7 weeks out. I fear that the weight loss is slowing down a little...I am going to try stepping up my work outs, and maybe upping my protein and food intake. I don't eat enough some days. But it is bound to happen, they tell me the less you need to lose, the slower it will come off. Still feeling great, although freezing most of the time (my temp regulator is a little whacky right now) and also low back and hips are kind of aching right now from all the readjusting.

I have gone from a 3-4XL to a lg-Xl----feels good to get out of those HUGE clothes...

Lindah55
on 1/23/13 11:12 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

Congratulations I am cold too.

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/13 1:55 am

The first 5 and 6 months is when you lose at the fastest rate, after that you will start to slow down and as Lora (one of our vets on here) has said you will really slow down at 9 months then even more at one year.  Doesn't mean you are done losing weight just means you will lose at a slower weight. I lost 93lbs by 7 months, and now I have slowed down dramatically but that's ok, I have time and patience to know I may only lose 5 lbs a month, but with fifty more lbs. I would like to use, I should have it off towards the end of next year.  Go easy on yourself.  It will come off.  Look at what size clothes you are in!   Our weight loss has victories beyond the scale.  The scale is the demon!!!!  hahahaha!  It can be our best friend or our worst enemy.  I always am in shock when I look at myself in my full length mirror on how great I look now.  We are all doing great no matter how fast or slow we lose.  Remember the tortoise and hare story. The tortoise took his time and was consistent to get to the winner's line and was the ultimate winner in the end.  Take care!   Jane  

Gilly68
on 1/24/13 7:15 am - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

Thanks for the pep talk!! I appreciate it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 162 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views