Calorie counter

BellaSaid35
on 1/24/13 9:54 am

So my husband is counting calories. I showed him what I used to use- my fitness pal. He downloaded it 5 days ago, has been keeping under 1700 calories and has lost 7 pounds. Yay!

However, I have also been using it for the past 5 days, and I have found myself increasingly obsessed and frustrated by what I put in my mouth and log. So far in this journey I have been eating protein forward, eating til I am full, eating when I am hungry, etc. But this calorie counting has made me super obsessive! I've been worried about everything I eat, and am not enjoying my food like I was.

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like a wackadoodle! 

I'm thinking about deleting the app, but the OCD part of me wants to keep it. Ugh.

Rny 2.14.12

Justcallmesuz
on 1/24/13 10:05 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I am per op. my husband and I have both been doing my fitness pal. I am very careful. I think it for sure keeps me honest!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

eeyoremom2
on 1/24/13 10:09 am - WI
RNY on 06/01/12

Too funny, I read this and I instantly thought of myself. I have been logging my food since September as my weight loss hasnt been as I think it should be and I wanted to see if there was something I was doing wrong. Of course I know I always get enough protein etc I think it is my diet mentality back so I tried to not log for 2 days and I went nuts!! If you come up with any suggestions I would love you to share. And good luck to you. :)

5' 2" HW: 240.2 SW: 234.2 CW: 162.1 GW: 137lbs                  

"No dream is out of reach as long as you believe it."

"With faith all things are possible" 

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/13 1:45 am
RNY on 04/18/12

If you've been doing fine without it, then do without it!  No need to be obsessed.  kiss