DISCOURAGED!!!

brt11565
on 1/24/13 6:46 pm - KY
RNY on 12/11/12

I AM AT A  STALL FOR TWO WEEKS NOW. MY SURGERY WAS JUST DEC 11TH.  I HEAR OF STALLS BUT THIS EARLY? I HAVE ACTUALLY GAINED A POUND. THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR., LOL. I EXCERCISE, EAT, AND TAKE ALL MY VITAMINS. EVERYTHING I DO IT DOES NOT WORK. HELP!!!

scarlettbegonias
on 1/24/13 7:30 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

It's pretty normal,my first stall was at 2 weeks and went for just over 2 weeks.

stalls around week three, month three and month 6 are pretty standard- they're mentioned on her almost daily- stick to your plan and you'll be right, maybe put the scales away for a few weeks!!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

DebsGiz
on 1/24/13 7:33 pm - FL

Actually, this is exactly what you signed up for.  LoL

Stalls sooooooo suck, but they are a part of every weight loss journey.  We've all been there and most sincerely understand your utter frustration. 

Keep doing what you're doing and this will pass.  You now have the tool to be successful, so apply patience and you're going to cross the finish line a winner.

Just hang on and gut it out!!

Oh, and welcome to the losers bench.  You're now an official member!!!

lizpete
on 1/24/13 8:31 pm - Marlboro, MA

I will give you the same advice that I got.  GET OFF THE SCALE!!!. I know it is hard. I still struggle with it. However based on the scale I have been in a stall for over 6 weeks  but somehow I have dropped an entire size in clothing.  The scale is not the only measurement of your success.   Keep on your program and seek support, I promise that number will decrease.  kiss

Joyceebaby
on 1/24/13 9:16 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

I stalled from week 2-4.  Your body is still healing.  The weight will start to drop again.  Many of us (me included) seem to lose in "steps"...lose a chunk, the go a couple of weeks losing very little (maybe nothing), then lose another chunk.  It is frustrating, but the earlier you accept it, the happier you'll be enlightened

jorlsu
on 1/24/13 9:54 pm - TX
RNY on 12/17/12 with
IT Will pass. We all go through stalls. I just went through one for 2 weeks from week 3 on. They suck, but your body has to play catch up every once in a while.
Get off the scale! PUt it away, only weigh once a week.
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/13 10:45 pm - NC
RNY on 12/10/12

I agree w/ everyone that posted.  Just had my 6 week checkup.  I had a stall at week 3 but still am down 28 lbs.  My surgeon said it's not clear why we stall, but it is likely the body readjusting the weight.  She said most of her patients say that during a stall, they don't see a change on the scale, but they do see  a change in how their clothes are fitting.  Your weight loss is great, don't get discouraged.  Follow your program and it will come off.  Kathy

Debbie W.
on 1/24/13 10:55 pm
RNY on 12/11/12

I stalled weeks 3 and 4, everyone said it's normal.  I was only eating 500-600 cal so I tried to increase to 700-800 and started exercising the fifth week.  I don't know how many calories you are eating, but if too little your body may be going into starvation mode.  

Stacey-in-Syracuse
on 1/25/13 12:10 am - Jordan, NY
RNY on 12/20/12

I'm there with you!!  I had a stall at 2-3 weeks, and this week my weight went UP two pounds!  From everything I'm reading, it's normal.  Have you taken your measurements?  I was down three inches even though my weight went up.  Are you having BM's?  Retaining fluids?  There are so many reasons.  When you lose weight fast, your body has to catch up and rearrange some.  Hang in there!!  You are not alone!

RNY on 12/20/12 at 307.  Highest ever 326 pounds.  Goal weight 180 pounds.

Most Active
Recent Topics