Lortab

chinababies
on 1/25/13 10:45 am
I am five yrs out from surgery took off 120 kept off 90. Recently tore a tendon in my shoulder and am facing surgery. Have been given lortab elixir. About 30 min after I take it I get this terrible pain into back that comes up into the front like heartburn but 10 times worse. Tried taking it with mylanta, milk and it doesn't matter same terrible pain. Does anyone else have problems w meds?
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/25/13 1:13 pm - OH

It is odd that the pain does not start until well after the medicine has been absorbed.  I would contact your RNY surgeon's office and ask them about it (since the surgeon doing your shoulder is unlikely to know anything about liquid pain killers after RNY and what the pain might be).  Lortab is very common after RNY, but I have never read about this particular issue before.

Hope you can figure it out.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

angeleigh
on 1/25/13 9:51 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Ohh i had that same issue about 4 weeks post op with the liquid lortab. I asked my surgeon about it and he said sometimes its more the way we absorb it after RNY. Something to do with once it get in the blood. I dont remember his full explanation but he gave me pill form of a pain med to take instead. Sometimes its just that brands formula.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

MustangLady
on 1/25/13 10:52 pm - MA

I have the lapband and this happens to me when I take liquid naproxen.

~ CJ BradleyLapband Surgery 7/2007 with many complications. 2012 Seeking Revision to RNY. 2013 Revision denied. Trying to work with band.

MrsLitch
on 1/26/13 12:52 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I have to eat a saltine cracker when taking my lortab liquid. I drink it down and then eat the cracker otherwise it doesn't go so well and I get an odd pain not to mention feeling drunk. I also only take half the dose I'm allowed per the bottle.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics