Zucchini and squash

charlem
on 2/1/13 8:46 am - GA
RNY on 12/27/12
I really want to eat some squash with a little bit of zucchini. Is this safe if I am 5 weeks out ? I never have an appetite but I do have a taste for things at times.
LJ1972
on 2/1/13 9:21 am - FL

Really it depends on your surgeon's plan.

I have loved steamed squash and Nik's Taco Casserole with squash and zukes  ( www.bariatricfoodie.com )

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

poet_kelly
on 2/1/13 10:06 am - OH

What does your surgeon's plan say?  I was on soft foods after two weeks, so I could have cooked veggies then.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

RebeccaElise
on 2/1/13 12:42 pm - Quincy, MA

I'm approved for soft cooked veggies and fruits and was told that zucchini and summer squash were okay, but that winter squashes (butternut, acorn, buttercup, patty pan etc.) were not okay, as they have too much starch to be considered a true veggie. (My nutritionist classifies them in the "starch" category, rather than the "veggie" category.) The same goes for peas and corn.

Come visit me on my blog, Through a Cooking Glass! I talk about my journey through WLS and learning to live, cook, and eat on the other side.  

thynnlynn
on 2/1/13 1:55 pm - MI

I bought a gadget that turns zucchini into spaghetti-like strands and is really neat.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 257 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 189 views
What's on your Monday Menu?