low blood sugar

mocuevas
on 2/2/13 12:40 pm - TX

Hi, I am 2 weeks out and had a low blood sugar episode this evening and wasn't sure what I could eat to raise my blood sugar without sending me into a dumping episode.  Still in full liquids and about to move to pureed foods. What do you use or have you used for that whenever you've had low blood sugar?

Thanks!

Smiles, Mo

HW: 311 SW: 270 CW: 192

rebeccasymolon
on 2/2/13 1:59 pm - OR

i ended up in the er from that im not sure what to have probably some gatorade g2 also carbs work like some gerber baby food like sweet potato or pears keep an eye on it. call the Dr if you need to

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/2/13 3:32 pm - OH

Same thing I used before my RNY: Tropicana (unsweetened, not from concentrate) orange juice.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

arcydejavu
on 2/2/13 4:33 pm, edited 2/2/13 5:34 pm - Murrieta, CA
RNY on 12/10/12

Hi,

My doctor recommended that I drink 100% juice like apple or grape juice. My doctor said it had to be 100% juice regardless of what kind I decide to drink. I drink Welch's 100% grape juice when I have low blood sugar episodes and it doesn't cause me to dump. I feel so much better after drinking 2 ounces of Welch's 100% grape juice  Hope you're able to drink juice for your low blood sugar episodes. Good luck to you 

Arcy

TamaraL
on 2/3/13 6:48 am

i have reactive hypoglycemia and was told not to do orange juice or candy because then it causes the same domino effect.

i usually do glucose tablets or liquid.  Peanut butter crackers.  protien bar with carbs. 

Tamara

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 79 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 260 views