One week post-op

megs617
on 2/5/13 9:02 pm

This is so surreal.  I can't believe I'm actually a week out!  I feel pretty good, but still a bit sore and sluggish.  6 months ago I was reading posts about people just having their surgery, and to read their progress has been soooooo inspiring!  For now I will choke down the protein shakes (gag!) and sip, sip, sip!!!

Thanks for the support and sharing your stories!  What a wonderful site this is!

shygirlxoxo
on 2/5/13 9:39 pm - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12

Its one heck of a ride isnt it? Things get better every day. Good luck.:)

-Anna  HW: 401 | SW: 377 (12/04/12) Blog: http://notfattabulous.blogspot.com

megs617
on 2/5/13 11:33 pm

Thanks!

Missirenee
on 2/5/13 11:15 pm - Orient, OH
RNY on 01/28/13

I am 9 days out, and feel similar to you, although it gets better each day. I tolerate the shakes okay, but the liquid colace and percocet would gag me. It's a good thing I don't need them anymore.

~Missy~

I would rather live my life believing there is a God, and die to find out there's not, than to live my life as if there were no God, and die to find out there is ~ source unknown ~ 

megs617
on 2/5/13 11:34 pm

I couldn't handle taking the pain meds they gave me, so as soon as I got home from the hospital, I stopped taking them!  I feel much better without them!  Good luck on your journey!!

mrspitts11367
on 2/6/13 1:19 am - VA
RNY on 01/30/13 with

I too am a week out today. I feel pretty good . I am still having some pain and soreness in my left side. Not sleeping so well because I cannot sleep on my side, So I am a bit tired. But otherwise I feel pretty good. I am getting in my protein through my unjury protein drink. and sip, sip, sip my water so I don't get dehydrated. I am getting all of my vitamins in except my B-50. They gave me a capsule that you have to open and put on food. NASTY! I gag. I cannot get that stuff down. I am going to talk the nutritionist and see what else they offer for this vitamin.  Otherwise all is well. I am excited to be on this side of the bench. I have lost 8lbs so far. Yaayyy.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views