I couldn't believe it....

Pittsteelers
on 2/7/13 10:13 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I work in a restaurant and a man came in today and I overheard him say he just had gastric bypass. He ordered a cup of chili, which isn't bad.... But along with the chili he added about 8 packs of crackers (total of 16 crackers) and drank sweet iced tea!!!! I wanted to go up to him and say something, but how could I lecture a complete stranger?? Or possibly lose my job for insulting the guy??!! I guess I just don't understand why somebody would want to go threw all of the trouble of preparing for this surgery, have the surgery then just turn around and ruin everything. I felt really bad and just wanted to shake him to his senses.

thynnlynn
on 2/7/13 11:23 am - MI

Unfortunately we cannot do these things.  The person has to want the help.  We all got into this situation on our own and that is how we have to get out of it, with the help of great support groups and right here.

I have a friend who had the RnY about 5 years ago.  She now wears a 5X.  You just shake your head and keep on going and remind yourself not to let it happen to you.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

apurdie
on 2/7/13 11:25 am - CA

We need to keep the focus on ourselves.

The_girl_next_door
on 2/7/13 1:06 pm
Hello!!! I see that you work in a restaurant. So do I. I am just wondering how you do with being around all of that food constantly? Do you have any advice?

Nancy
Pittsteelers
on 2/7/13 5:29 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Some days it is hard. But I just remind myself that I've come too far to eat those fries or to eat that cake. I also plan my meals the day before and take my breakfast and lunch to work with me.

nfarris79
on 2/7/13 7:40 pm - Germantown, MD

Wondering if the saying "they operate on our guts, not our heads" is applicable.....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Joyceebaby
on 2/7/13 9:20 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

I don't like anyone being my food police, so I try not to be anyone else's, but it does make you scratch your head and wonder "what are they thinking???".   I have several friends who had RNY.  It's difficult not to "watch" what they're eating, but I keep telling myself, "This is THEIR journey!"  They're all doing VERY well...only one is over 2 ( almost 3) years out and he's still at goal and looking great, So I assume he makes up for the extra calories with working out or cutting back when we're not together.  

Pittsteelers
on 2/7/13 10:55 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I would have never lectured him or said anything to him, or anybody. I hope I didn't sound like a complete snob. I just scratch my head and wonder why.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 165 views
Recent Topics