Proteins

Mo Diggity
on 2/8/13 3:47 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

How do you guys get all your proteins in after surgery?  What kind of foods/snacks ?? I'm not much of a meat eater.

qnmimi
on 2/8/13 4:10 pm - Cottage Grove, MN

I'm 2yrs post op, and can tolerate most sources of protein.  I occasionally have days where dense protein isn't well tolerated, but on average I eat a lot of chicken, cheese, beans.  I've limited my red meat intake for health reasons, but makes it worthwhile when I have it.  Seafood such as shrimp is really well tolerated, and I've been trying to incorporate more fish into my diet as well.   I also eat a lot of edamame...roasted & salted, or frozen sources are my favorites.  My go to snacks are buddig meat packages, greek yogurt, almonds and now fresh vegies especially pea pods. 

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 2/8/13 5:36 pm

Cottage Cheese is high in protein

hard boiled eggs

protein drinks and bars

jerky

refried beans

Winnie

THE_life10
on 2/8/13 5:44 pm
RNY on 03/26/12

As funny as it seems i still drink my protein shakes w/ almond milk. 

Other than that I don't really snack...I eat a lot of meats though

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

poet_kelly
on 2/8/13 7:28 pm - OH

I don't eat any meat.  I eat Greek yogurt, cheese, beans, veggie burgers and other meat substitutes like that, protein bars and protein shakes, and nuts and seeds.  Cottage cheese and tofu are also good sources of protein but I don't care for those.  I get anywhere from 60 to 90 grams protein a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

robyn_fresh
on 2/9/13 12:00 am
RNY on 12/18/12

premier protein shakes, cottage cheese, low fat cheese sticks, shrimp, beans, fish and more fish. 

thynnlynn
on 2/9/13 12:18 am - MI

I am still pre-op but have been stocking up on individually frozen fish fillets in good-size bags.  There is always a lot of beans and cheese in the house, as well.  I actually prefer fish to meat.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Mo Diggity
on 2/9/13 1:48 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Great, thanks guys !!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/9/13 2:03 pm - OH

I get a lot of my protein from dairy products (milk, cheeses, Greek yogurt), beans, and nuts (in addition to chicken, tuna, and occasional beef or fish (mostly shellfish).  Early out most people need to use some kind of protein supplements (either shakes or protein water).

I am over 5 years out, but most of my snacks are still the same protein-based things they were when I was early out.. nuts, cheese sticks, yogurt.  This far out, though, I also sometimes have more traditional snacks like pretzels, popcorn, or cheese and crackers. kiss

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views