Revised my sleeve to rny!

brigitta
on 2/11/13 10:13 am - Germantown, MD

Since I just revised my gastric sleeve to gastric bypass ..... Will my weight loss be slower?

nursekarine
on 2/11/13 11:16 am
Not sure. Your would have to check the statistics. Ive been told Roux n Y's have a higher success rate. Thats why I hado to go with that choice according to my insurance.
Mary Catherine
on 2/11/13 11:25 am
Should be faster
poet_kelly
on 2/11/13 2:29 pm - OH

Slower than what?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ladytazz
on 2/11/13 3:30 pm

Traditionally revisions are said to have slower weight loss then first time people having WLS but I was a revision from a very malabsorptive procedure.  I had the revision to reduce the malabsorption and had my sleeve revised to a RNY pouch.  I fully expected to lose slowly, if at all.  In fact, my surgeon cautioned me several times that I may not lose any weight.  At that point the goal was to stop the side effects and the weight gain.  I was very surprised to find myself losing weight faster then even my first WLS which just shows that we are all individual and we can't predict what our rate of loss will be.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Liberanos5
on 2/11/13 10:36 pm

I am over 4 years out from RNY and now see a hematologist on a regular basis for iron i.v. and B-12 shots after severe anemia (hemoglobin of 5).  May I ask you to be more specific as to what you are not absorbing?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 26 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views