Just a vent

Owlet
on 2/16/13 1:26 pm

I have been on the weight loss train since 2009. I just had my RNY revision last month and really am having a fairly easy time with it. I do get very tired still, but I am sure that will pass with time. I am adding more exercise as I see the weight loss slowing. From surgery I am down 26 pounds. I see it in my face, how I can pull off my once tight jeans...off  without unbuttoning them:-)

I can fit some Large shirts ( t-shirt style) and generally feel smaller. My son sees my Jaw becoming more defined ( I have 3 face pictures up) and my daughter and put her arms tighter around me.....

Now the vent, my husband can not see the weight loss. From '09 I have lost almost 73 pounds. I am 63 pounds to one of the goals I set for myself (5'9 165, not sure if I will go lower depends on how I look and feel). I am just hurt he can't see it, and won't just say he does to make me feel better. He transferred some pictures from his computer so I could put them up in my profile today. He said I didn't look closely so I can't tell. Just frustrating to me:-(

I can see a difference and others can too, it was just important to get the support from him. Guess I won't ask him again.

DebsGiz
on 2/16/13 8:22 pm - FL

In case you have not noticed, men don't see dirt either.  I think it's genetic.

Not defending husband, but he sees you everyday so it is very likely that he really does not see the difference because it has been a daily subtle loss.  It's not like one day you weighed 300 pounds and the very next day you weight 98. 

Now, if you hold a before and after picture before him and he still says he cannot see the difference, just kill him.  LoL

JaneJetson60
on 2/16/13 11:53 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

Hahahahahaha!!!!!  That was a great response!   Jane

Laura in Texas
on 2/16/13 9:48 pm

Has your husband ever said anything about your weight? Men are clueless, but maybe he does not want to hurt your feelings. Like if he says you look great now, it means he thought you looked like crap before. My boyfriend has known me 22 years. I was 140 when we met, got up to 340, and am back to 140. He has never mentioned my gain or loss. He has always told me I am beautiful.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Kat1313
on 2/16/13 10:35 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I can definitely see quite a difference between your 3 pics - you've lost quite a bit!  I agree with DebsGiz:  print out all 3 pictures and make your husband look at them all together.  If he can't see the changes, he needs glasses.  Is there some reason he doesn't want to acknowledge the change?  Maybe jealousy, fear that you will leave him when you get so slim and sexy, or even sabotage to disrupt your weight loss?  I would sit him down with the pictures and have an honest discussion about these issues, and about why he cannot acknowledge what you've accomplished.

thynnlynn
on 2/17/13 1:32 am - MI

It is a generic answer ~ Men.  It says it all.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 32 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views