Posture ??

Mo Diggity
on 2/17/13 5:04 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I feel like my posture has gotten so bad over the yrs with all the weight gain (almost feels like a "hunchback" of fat at the top of my spine). Did anyone feel like this before WLS, and did it get better with weight loss ???

thynnlynn
on 2/17/13 5:11 am - MI

I have asked the same question and was told that it dies go away.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

anewbeginning2012
on 2/17/13 7:00 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

You know, I never really thought about it, but since I have lose a good amount of weight, everyone has commented on my height...they think I am getting taller!! I bet it is because I am standing straighter. I am more confident to, so I don't slouch as much. I bet you will be straighter after you are on the loser's side. Good luck on your surgery!

Kris        
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/17/13 8:28 am - OH

I think it is a combination of standing straighter and the overall silhouette being slimmer... more rectangular than round.  It is pretty common for people to hear that comment, but it is also very common for those of us who are short to hear that we look shorter after losing the weight because we look "petite" (instead of short and fat).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Wendi S.
on 2/17/13 8:31 am
RNY on 04/02/12

I have had 2 different people tell me I look shorter! It didn't make sense to me until now! LOL I'm 5'2. But I did have a rather large "hump" on my upper back that has diminished immensely!!! So thankful!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/17/13 8:24 am - OH

I had my surgery in 2007 and I still have the hump, although it is a bit better (partly because my posture is a little better, although it is not a lot better, because before surgery my belly helped support some of the weight of my breasts, and now that is gone, so the stress on my shoulders and upper back is MUCH more noticeable).  In my case, at least, it wasn't fat (although there was some there... and I still have a small amount there), it is a permanent change in my spine because of so many years of horrible posture.  My chiropractor said it is permanent.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics