nausea

daubbermom
on 2/24/13 3:45 am - OH
RNY on 01/28/13

I am 4 weeks out tomorrow. Things are going good except a couple of days ago I started getting nausea. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong. I get it about 1-2 hours after I eat. I have had no sugar or high carbs that I know of. I have had very little bowl movements. I took a small dose of laxatives just an hour ago. Any feedback will be appreciated.

quiltpainter
on 2/24/13 4:51 am - CT

I started getting nausea about 3-4 weeks after my surgery. The doctor had me change the brand of protein drinks I was having. I was also constipated around that time frame too.  I think that contributes to nausea too. Luckily that has seemed to pass for me now.

rocky513
on 2/24/13 6:37 am - WI

Dehydration can cause nausea.  Make sure you are getting at least 64 oz of fluid a day.  I had a lot of nausea until I figured out that I was lactose intolerant.  Mix your protein powder with water, soy milk, or almond milk for awhile and see if it helps.  Also...make sure you protein powder is a lactose free powder.  If it says protein concentrate on the label...it has lactose in it.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 286 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 283 views