Feeling so down!!!

netnay
on 2/25/13 7:29 pm
RNY on 03/27/13

Still have not been able to get a decision yet on my authorization for surgery. I'm going to my pcp today( which I was hoping to be able to avoid) for another pre-op weigh in. My surgeon told me to go to it even though I have all my 6 month weigh ins done for my insurance. The bad thing about it is that I know I have gained weight because of being worried about getting approval for my surgery.This is all I think about now. It is always on my mind and I can't even sleep at night. Has anyone else gone through these feelings?

silverbunny2008
on 2/25/13 7:37 pm - Boise, ID

I have gone through the same thing. the waiting is the hard part. but if you can just keep your head up and think positively it'll all work out in the end. I had to go a yr for my insurance. I hope you get the news your wanting soon. good luck

Joyceebaby
on 2/25/13 7:38 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

Your feelings are very normal.  Don't worry about a slight weight gain.  It happens to everyone, even if they're following a plan to the letter!  

Try to think beyond the actual surgery and think to a year from now, two years from now.  This moment in time will seem very small a year from now.  You'll look back and think "that wasn't as bad as I thought".  Waiting is so difficult because we live in an instant gratification society. Days seem like weeks when waiting for insurance to make a decision.  But I promise, it will be over soon.

Hang in there.

ncbrwneyedgurl
on 2/25/13 10:31 pm - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 02/27/13

Yes, Yes and Yes!! It was on my mind all the time and very frustrating to not hear and not know.

I also gained weight while I waited but that is our problem right...we have issues with food and that is why we are here and going on this journey. Be kind to yourself and as hard as it is try to be patient and know it will work out.

Thinking good thoughts for you!

Jennifer in NC (banded 09/08, band removed 11/19/12, approved for RNY 02/14/13, Surgery 2/27/13)

netnay
on 2/26/13 12:54 am
RNY on 03/27/13

I heard from my surgeon's office this morning. The insurance was questioning my depression issues which I am on medication for. I think that is what the hold up is. The doctor's office asked if I take my medication as prescribed. I said yes. I was also asked if i needed to after the surgery would I be willing to go for therapy and of course I said yes. Still waiting on a decision but at least I know what may be the hold up.

addict05
on 2/26/13 1:01 am - IL

It was absolute torture waiting for my approval.  I hope it comes quickly for you because oh, the excitement that comes with it.  Don't worry about the weight gain, I gained quite a bit during my pre op diet and it didn't effect my approval.  Good luck to you, hopefully you find approval ASAP!

tarsanne
on 2/26/13 3:48 am - MO
I could have written this post! I waited 3 weeks with nothing- only to find out they wouldn't approve the sleeve! I had to change to RNY and start OVER with the paperwork. Its been almost 2 weeks and I do have an authorization pending! Its KILLING me waiting! Same as you... Can't sleep, eating everything in sight, nervous wreck, gaining a little weight too. Ugh. I totally feel your pain! ((Hugs))
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 305 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views