BAD CT RESULTS

charlem
on 2/28/13 9:24 am - GA
RNY on 12/27/12

i HAD TO GO THE  ER ON MONDAY BECAUSE MY LOVELY LITTLE POUCH WAS FLIPPING OUT. THEY RAN THE NORMAL TESTS AND DID A CT SCAN ONLY TO FIND LESIONS ON MY LIVER AND SMALL LYMPH NODES ALONG THE MESENTERY(LINING OF THE STOMACH). BOTH OF THESE WERE NOT ISSUES PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE. HAS ANY ONE ELSE HAD THESE RESULTS BECAUSE RIGHT NOW IM KIND OF FREAKING OUT. I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW FOR THE SURGEON TO CONTACT ME AND BEFORE I WIG OUT I WANT TO BE SURE THIS IS NOT A NORMAL COMPLICATION

Sherrie P.
on 2/28/13 9:52 am
RNY on 02/06/13

That sounds scary. I wish you all the best.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

LadyLilMax
on 2/28/13 9:57 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Is there a number where you can reach a nurse or the surgeon tonight?  Maybe someone could answer some of your questions and ease your mind until you can see the surgeon in the morning.  Do you have a good friend or spouse you can share your fears with?  What about a Pastor who could pray with you?  I will pray for you and keep us posted.  Remember to take a big deep breath!  Ask yourself if there is anything you can do now that would make it easier for you to wait.  You don't know what you are dealing with yet so take it one step at a time. God bless you.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

charlem
on 2/28/13 10:06 am - GA
RNY on 12/27/12
Since I had my surgery I have lost many friends so all I can do is pray. I don't want to stress my family out just yet
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/28/13 10:27 am - OH

Unfortunately, liver lesions are not a "normal complication" of RNY.  I am not sure what kind of "lesions" in the stomach (are they talking about your remnant stomach or your pouch?).  Are the lesions ulcerations?  If so, ulcers after RNY are somewhat common in the pouch (because it does not have the same protections as the remnant stomach) but less common in the stomach itself.

I know it is difficult not to worry, but getting yourself all worked up tonight isn't going to change anything and will just make you miserable.  Take some deep, controlled breaths, do something to relax (or distract) yourself, and try to just stay positive.  At least you only have to wait until tomorrow to talk to the surgeon's office and not several days or a week (which often happens with surgeons who are quite busy).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

apurdie
on 2/28/13 11:22 am - CA

So sorry. Did you have a CT scan any time before sirgery?  If not, how can you be sure they weren't there before.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Keep in touch!

lumina99
on 2/28/13 12:28 pm - ME

My mom always said to me not to worry about anything until you know for sure. She is right. Please calm down and relax. It may be an easy fix like meds for a little while. I will say a prayer....

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 165 views
Recent Topics