What are you eating today - TGIF!

madeformore
on 3/7/13 10:35 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

So, what does everyone have going on this beautiful Friday? I am heading to the YMCA shortly - my third time this week! My effort to get back on track with exercise has been going well & I have even gotten my old workout buddy to go with twice, with makes it so much more enjoyable! Then the two little ones and I get to hang at home most of the day. I have laundry to get caught up on and a few other around the house things. At suppertime, we are going to an district-wide event with games, etc for the kids. They are serving pizza there so I am planning on just bringing a protein bar along. Then its off to a friend's house for a jewelry party (which I do not need! lol.)

Breakfast: Strawberry greek yogurt with 1/2 banana cut up

Lunch: Turkey burger, no bun

Snack: Cheese stick

Supper: Protein bar

Snacks: something at the party, protein shake

Have a great Friday everyone!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/7/13 11:20 pm

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN BARS DO YOU EAT? Do you eat the whole thing?

madeformore
on 3/8/13 1:50 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Not the best choice, I'm sure. But I like them and consider them a treat as well. And I need the fiber. So I've been trying the new Fiber One Protein bars. There are 2 kinds that vary slightly in calories. The one I have now is 170 calories for 10 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber. I do ok enough in protein otherwise that I don't really need one a ton higher. I do eat the whole thing - sometimes I eat half earlier in the day and half later.

There are so many kinds out there - I'm sure others can give you some great recommendations as well. If you use the search option, you will probably find a post about it already. :)

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

3turtles
on 3/8/13 5:22 pm - Columbus, OH

Try CLIF Builder Bars (chocolate especially). They have 20 grams of protein and I usually break them into pieces and eat it slowly or I eat half at a time. I've finished one in a sitting before. The sugar doesn't bother me in these ones, especially compared to Luna bars. I think that is because it is counter acted by how much fiber and protein is in the bar or something. Anyway, they're great.

consultation: 8/29/11 nutritionist: 9/7/11 psych eval: 9/12/11 stress test: 9/20/11 gi scope: 9/21/11 nurse visit: 9/28/11 SURGERY: 9/29/11

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/8/13 12:37 am - Baltimore, MD

It's been awhile. I should post!

1. Click Frapp (8 oz. milk, 1 scoop Click, 1 scoop Pure Protein chocolate whey + ice in blender)

2. Going to Uno's for lunch. Probably veggie flatbread pizza. I can eat about 3/4 of a personal one with a salad.

3. A Quest chocolate chip cookie dough bar

4. I'm thinking shrimp tonight. It's Meatless Friday for Lent.

5. If need be, a rice cake with some peanut butter

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Kelly S.
on 3/8/13 1:20 am

Well, I got down to my lowest weight around Christmas, started a new job and have put on more than 20 pounds since. I have picked up terrible habits and it needs to stop!  So I am going away this weekend and will slowly de-carb myself from the junk and get back on track.  Spring will be here soon and then I will start walking again, I really want this 20+ pounds back off! 

PreB: coffee

B: click shake, two egg whites and piece of toast

S: small yogurt w/homemade granola

L: slice of homemade turkey pot pie (lf gravy, and very little potato and crust)

S: shouldn't need one, but if I get hungry a 1/2 a cup of chili

D: top off two slices of pizza and a small garden salad

LNS: probably a few girl scout cookies (they are the devil!!!)

Will get some walking in later today and again in the morning.

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

Most Active
Recent Topics