When did you have first BM?

Eva1230
on 3/7/13 10:19 pm
I'm a pretty regular person. I've had a little "gas" the last day or so but no BM. It's been three dad since surgery I was hoping to have one soon.
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/13 10:24 pm
RNY on 05/01/13

Had a friend that had the surgery that took a week. Not sure myself as I am still waiting on surgery, however I am curious, as I have lower GI "stuff", so I am expecting it to take a while post op as well....not sure though, anybody else?

Karens62
on 3/7/13 10:32 pm - NC
RNY on 02/26/13
I had mine on Saturday am and surgery was Tuesday afternoon. So 3-4 days?

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

campingmama
on 3/7/13 10:36 pm - IN

I had my first BM on day 5. And, it wasn't pleasant. It was filled with LOTS of gas and I had to RUN to the bathroom. But, I think it was partial dumping, or complete dumping. I had a super protein drink, 42 g protein in 3.5 ounces. I haven't had another super protein drink since then and BM's are pretty normal now. But I had bloating along with it. Drink your fluids and it'll come when it's ready.

I will care for my body so that I can feel the pleasure of being fit & fully alive as I grow older.                  

Kendra C.
on 3/7/13 10:44 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany

I was lucky or unlucky to be given a laxative before I left the hospital. Since then I use Metamucil clear twice a day into my protein or water and keeps me regular. I was super excited to find this works since so many people have constipation problems. Hope this helps. 

chulbert
on 3/7/13 10:49 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I'm also a regular person and it took 3 or 4 days.  I didn't even have gas for a couple days.  Every time the nurses would come in and ask I would have to tell them no.

Eva1230
on 3/7/13 10:51 pm
I asked my nurse while there if they offered a stool softener. She was kind of clueless on that stand point. I have miralax at home I can take. I know that it isn't good to go more than three days without a BM
mydragonmoon
on 3/9/13 2:53 am
RNY on 02/14/13 with

Took me 4 days and It didn't happen until I was home. 

Most Active
Recent Topics