Had the best shake!

RoxyFoxy
on 3/11/13 6:30 am - FL

Last night, I had a Jay Robb vanilla protein shake, picked up a few samples and did a banana delight shake using a 1/2 frozen banana and instead of water I used unsweetened almond milk....yuuumy!!

Today will be Strawberry Cheesecake. He has some good recipes in his website.

The only problem I had was that it was a little to thick.  Should I add less milk or less powder?  Who else uses Jay Robb?

poet_kelly
on 3/11/13 6:48 am - OH

If the shake was too thick, you need more liquid.  Now, adding less banana and less protein powder will also make it thinner.'

Things that add thickness to a shake include protein powder, frozen fruit, and ice.

Adding more liquid makes shakes thinner.

I'm guessing you don't want to put less powder in it because then you'd get less protein and if you add less banana, it might not taste as yummy.  So I'd add more liquid.  This will make a bigger shake, but if it's yummy that should be OK, right?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Blondie76
on 3/11/13 7:19 am - AL
I love Jay Robb....but with 3 of us drinking it, its a bit pricey.
RoxyFoxy
on 3/11/13 8:17 am - FL
On March 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM Pacific Time, Blondie76 wrote:
I love Jay Robb....but with 3 of us drinking it, its a bit pricey.

I know! my son is into protein shakes now and I can tell it's going to be pricey!

Blondie76
on 3/11/13 9:44 am - AL
Where in FL are you?

Sometimes it goes on sale at the vitamin Shoppe, watch it there. Can't remember if gnc carries it, but gold week would be better than nothing!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 47 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?