SV = GOAL! NSVs beyond measure

MrsLitch
on 3/16/13 11:55 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

9 months 12 days since surgery and today i reached goal!! 120 pounds was the goal I set for myself figuring if I got to 130 or 135 I'd be happy but wanted to give myself something to reach for. As the weight dropped off quicker than I expected I decided 120 was def. reachable and hoped I would reach 122 (half my starting weight) by march 2 but it didn't my weight loss has slowed down a lot. but in the last week I've dropped 3 pounds and today I got on the scale to 120... I couldn't believe it I waited an hour and got back on and yep still 120!

I went to work on cloud nine and my customers all commented on how happy I was for being at work on a Saturday I kept it to myself except to tell my boss who is a bander and is a great support even though I just started this job about a month ago.

Then on my drive home I started thinking about all the NSVs. Shopping in any store with the biggest problem now being pants are usually too big even a size 1 the other day was too big although I'm wearing size 2 misses and size 3 juniors in most clothes now. I've lived in this house for the past 3 years and I had only been upstairs a hand ful of times (the kids bedrooms are up there) I go up there several times a week now. I finally started exercising and could run without being winded! I have always done yoga even as a fat girl, yoga is much easier now!  I sit with my legs crossed all the time! I like seeing my reflection in a mirror or window. I ran outside tonight to put steaks on the grill and I grabbed my skinny minny hubby's jacket It's too big! I can wrap it around almost to my back on both sides wow when did that happen?!? Food is no longer my every thought although I do still measure and log it my biggest concern is getting in enough. My fourteen year old son picked me up the other day and was like "Mom your light!" after seeing my husband pick me up and carry me around laughing. My 12 year old son upon seeing me in a new outfit the other day told me I'm beautiful not because of my weight but because I smile all the time now. His friends are constantly asking him how much I've lost now and one of his best friends moms called me to tell me she heard how great I looked, yes her son went home and bragged about me to her. and while jealousy shouldn't be a nsv the fact that my arch enemy at work who barely speaks to me was overheard by me the other day stating "She's so skinny and now she dresses like she thinks she's a fashonista!" Made my day!!

Life is good!

For those of you starting out in this journey hang in there, do what your doctor says, advocate for your own health, make the most of your first year. If I can do this anyone can. For those of you who are vets thank you for all your advice and posts. Even when made to someone else you never know who is reading them and who you have touched.

I don't have a new pic at goal but this is the montage of my journey with the last pic being last weekend 3 pounds ago!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

debbie A.
on 3/16/13 12:03 pm - inland empire, CA

You look wonderful broken heart

MrsLitch
on 3/16/13 9:51 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

thanks Debbie!

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 3/16/13 12:08 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

You look great and every time I see a pic of you on here I want to cut my hair!!  Congrats!!

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

MrsLitch
on 3/16/13 9:52 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Thanks Sonja. My hair dresser suggested the short spiky hair when the hair that fell out started growing back in and I had little sprouts sticking up. I love it and think I will keep it. Everyone says it suits my thinner face. And it's so easy to do in the morning.

JanBooth
on 3/16/13 12:46 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

You look great...gosh, you glow!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

MrsLitch
on 3/16/13 9:53 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Thanks Jan! I think the glow is the best part. It's amazing the smile keeps getting bigger as the rest gets smaller!

glamourqueen64
on 3/16/13 1:18 pm - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

First of all, you do look like a fashonista~! angry Congratulations!

Second, I would like to say that I agree with you on the point of someone reading a post. I read quite a bit of posts on a daily basis, and take pointers from all different posts and replys. I do not reply on all, although I do look at quite a few of them and am so grateful to all who post and reply, because, as you said, you never know who may be reading it and taking it to heart. Thanks to you and to all the others!

Once again, great job, and great inspiration!

Connie

MrsLitch
on 3/16/13 9:54 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Aww thanks Connie

Calla Lily
on 3/16/13 2:30 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

What an amazing amazing amazing transformation! I would not even know you are the same person! Stunning! Way to go!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Most Active
Recent Topics