SURGERY DAY AFTER TOMORROW what to bring

KrisNt6
on 3/17/13 12:47 pm - MI
RNY on 03/19/13

Anyone got any suggestions for what to bring to hospital with me?

mani_heart
on 3/17/13 1:15 pm
RNY on 03/18/13
I am heading in tomorrow and I have packed -- house coat, slippers, sandals (for a shower), chap stick, lotion, hygiene items, book, ear phones for the tv and of course my phone and hope they have wifi. Haha
Nellybelly2012
on 3/17/13 1:26 pm - LA

Comfy clothes, I didnt get to shower only wash off until I got home... Bring chap stick my lips were so dry from not having anything to drink. I didnt do much but sleep and use the restroom for the first day and on day two there were test being done so there was no time for reading..

HW 283/ SW 268/ CW 220/ GW 135  

daniaj
on 3/17/13 1:33 pm - OR

Carmex, slippers, and laptop or Ipad. Loose clothing such as a house dress for going in and coming home. Lol, probably should bring some undies, toothbrush, and deodorant as well. My surgery was a few weeks ago and I didn't even bother with a bra coming home. One of the incisions (laproscopic) is really close to the sternum. My bra actually irritated it in the following days.

Wishing you happy thoughts on your surgery :-)

Another thought, if they give you liquid Dolcusate...having your water chaser handy. You can only sip but you'll want to follow it with water, the stuff is nasty! It's the liquid version of Dolculax (stool softener) and there is a reason why they sell it capsule form in the stores. They'd never make money if it was sold in liquid form and there'd be a lot more uptight people! :-)

RNY 02/14/13 - HW 268 - SW 252 - CW 146 - GW 140 - 5' 9"

KrisNt6
on 3/17/13 2:33 pm - MI
RNY on 03/19/13

did you feel up to visitors?

daniaj
on 3/17/13 3:33 pm - OR

The first day I slept most of the time but I was glad my husband was there. I would have been fine for kids too. The second day I was more alert but still slept quite a bit. For me I looked pretty ragged with my bed head so I personally didn't want friends there. Maybe a close one would have been fine.

RNY 02/14/13 - HW 268 - SW 252 - CW 146 - GW 140 - 5' 9"

Leigh728
on 3/18/13 12:40 am
I had my surgery last Monday, and I brought my iPad, kindle, phone, slippers, Chapstick, toiletries, and a few other things.

To be honest, I felt so out of it and sick, I did not use one thing til about Tuesday afternoon. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, cleaned up a bit and turned my phone on and used Chapstick, that was a life saver.

On Wednesday, they allowed me to shower, and it was the best shower ever! I felt like a new person.

Bring the essentials, I am sure that you will use them...especially your toiletry items. I never turned my iPad or kindle on. And they give you these socks that have grippers on the bottom to make it easier walking, so I didn't need my slippers.

Lynn W.
on 3/18/13 4:32 am
RNY on 02/25/13

I recommend Biotene Spray and chap stick (any without glycerin in case you have oxygen in nasal canula).  The first day, I could have nothing to drin****il after the "Leak Test" at 11pm...i would never have made it without the Biotene Spray.

wdwgram14
on 3/18/13 5:37 am

hello i have dr pop also i have started my journey with him Nov , and hadd all my stuff for him done by march. how long did you have to wait they just told me june or july i was so upset.. good luck

wdwgram14
on 3/18/13 5:38 am

ps i hear slippers shorts chap stick and gas x :)

Most Active
Recent Topics