3 weeks and still hurting

jenarm
on 3/17/13 10:43 am - VA

Hey, all-

I had rny 3 weeks ago tomorrow, and i am still hurting. Don't get me wrong... It's way better than 2 weeks ago, or even a week, but i still hurt alot more than i thought i would at this stage. Bending over hurts, and i get these weird occasional stabbing pains behind one or more of my incisions. I guess i am looking for feedback about whether this is normal at this stage. I guess i need some coddling. Lol. So, it does get better, right? 

Set for surgery 2/25

bbearsmama
on 3/17/13 10:46 am
RNY on 02/28/13

I am about 2.5 weeks out. My incisions still hurt some-especially at the end of the day. The one closest to my navel is the most painful.

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Nellybelly2012
on 3/17/13 1:29 pm - LA

I had pain in and around my navel too, but it is gone now. I could not even have pants or anything on it because it was hurt too much. It does get better..

HW 283/ SW 268/ CW 220/ GW 135  

Findingme2013
on 3/17/13 11:01 am
RNY on 02/04/13

I hurt where my drain was for few weeks after.  I'm starting week 6 now and I'm pain free.

poet_kelly
on 3/17/13 11:09 am - OH

Sounds normal to me and yeah, it does get better.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Joyceebaby
on 3/17/13 11:15 am
RNY on 11/29/12

For the first 6 weeks, I found that if I wore jeans or anything with a button waste, it was unbearable within an hour.  My procedure was open, but your insides are rearranged no matter how your procedure was done.  If you're not wearing comfortable clothes, that may be part of the issue.  You may need to sacrifice vanity for comfort for a few weeks.

Honestly though, I had "some" pain, off and on, up until about 12 weeks.  With the open procedure, they have to cut through a good bit of muscle, and that just takes longer to heal.  Thankfully, I'm completely pain free now and feel amazing!!!!  

Hang in there...it really does get better!

Dee.spunk
on 3/17/13 11:22 am - Sacramento, CA
It gets better! Hang in there. It seems like a lot right now, but soon it'll be in the past, just a long distant memory.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Sassyflamingo
on 3/17/13 11:46 am
RNY on 06/14/12

I'm glad I took six weeks off. I was uncomfortable, sore, and mourning my former way of eating. 

It for sure gets better. Then it gets GREAT! 

I hope you feel better!!! 

apurdie
on 3/17/13 5:08 pm - CA

I wa on pain meds through week 4!

Eva1230
on 3/18/13 1:15 am
I hve been fine without any pain until this past weekend when I wNt to work....have same pains you described
Most Active
Recent Topics