Calcium citrate

netnay
on 3/17/13 9:32 pm
RNY on 03/27/13

Tell me what kind of over the counter calcium citrate supplement do you use.

'View

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/17/13 9:49 pm
RNY on 01/10/12

I use the Target store brand of Citrical Petites. Much cheaper than the name brand. I use a lot of the Target brands.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

poet_kelly
on 3/17/13 9:56 pm - OH

the generic from Meijer, mostly.  Sometimes the generic from Walmart.  Doesn't really matter what brand, as long as it's calcium citrate.  I go for whatever's cheap.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

netnay
on 3/17/13 9:59 pm
RNY on 03/27/13

Are they chewable,liquid, tablet,or capsule? That is the reason I'm asking because I was looking into liquid or chewable.

'View

poet_kelly
on 3/17/13 10:22 pm - OH

Tablet.  Most stores don't carry chewable calcium citrate, although some health food stores do.  If you want chewable, you'll probably need to order online.

There aren't many liquids, either.  There is a brand called Wellesee, which is a combo of calcium citrate and tricalcium phosphate.  We can't absorb the tricalcium phosphate, though.  It contains 70% calcium citrate, according to the manufacturer, so you can use it but you'd need to do the math to figure out how much calcium citrate you get in one dose and adjust your dosage accordingly.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ncbrwneyedgurl
on 3/18/13 2:06 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 02/27/13

If you get to Cary...my dr's office has a store where they sell quite a few good bariatric vitamins and calcium supplements. If you want the info just let me know and I can send you the info. :)

Jennifer in NC (banded 09/08, band removed 11/19/12, approved for RNY 02/14/13, Surgery 2/27/13)

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/18/13 1:28 pm
RNY on 01/10/12

I used these when I was still using chewable. http://www.amazon.com/Calcium-Citrate-Chewable-1000mg-250mg/ dp/B000I4CAEM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1363663655&sr=8-5&keywo rds=calcium+citrate+wafers

They were OK. I was swallowing meds within a few weeks of surgery, though.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

dahoodman
on 3/17/13 10:26 pm, edited 3/17/13 10:31 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I ordered the Celebrate (chewable) brand from BariatricChoice.com. I am still pre-op but I have tried them and they seem to be good. I also orderd the Bariatric Advantage Calcium Chewy Bites and those are good too. Those are a little expensive but they're hopefully going to be like a little treat after surgery since they're like a starburst or caramel.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

bbearsmama
on 3/17/13 11:00 pm
RNY on 02/28/13

I have Citracal petites. I bought some chewable wafers from the Vitamin Shoppe that were so disgusting! I had one and then I took the bottle back for a store credit.  I also ordered some chews online from Bariatric Advantage but I haven't received those yet.

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

brymeg
on 3/18/13 2:43 am

I use Wellesse Liquid Calcium Citrate and my dietian told me to take one Tablespoon 2 times a day

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views