anti depressant meds and RNY

meemee1966
on 3/18/13 8:45 am - Canada

Just a quick question I was on 5mg of cipralex for panic attacks they took me off them but I am needing something again its been almost three months since surgery does anyone have any information about what works after RNY surgery

Secondly how long should I take senokot without it right now well lets just say OUCH

tgs1420
on 3/18/13 9:06 am - WI

I stopped only while in the Hospital. Lexapro

redreaper
on 3/18/13 9:52 am

i went back after 3 mos.

Katie K.
on 3/18/13 10:17 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Ooh. Life without psych meds? That's a bad, bad thing for me. I asked at the information session if we could still take pills because I need my meds. They said we could. I'm interested to hear what others have to say since this is near and dear to my brain.
daubbermom
on 3/18/13 10:24 am - OH
RNY on 01/28/13

I take 40mg Prozac (have since 1991) and missed only the day after my surgery. The first week I opened the capsule and ate it with applesauce but after that took the capsule with no problem. Have had no episodes with my psychosis at all. Feeling great!

angeleigh
on 3/18/13 10:29 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I am not sure about the meds, I would call your doctor and ask if you can go back onto something. As far as the senokot, I would change to non stimulant form. I personally take 3 stool softeners every night at bed, plus I add in as much fiber as can with either food or powder. The kind I have found is the walmart brand, it comes in a green and white bottle. It is flavor free so you can add it to anything you eat or drink. Doing more fiber will help and not cause your body to became dependant on the stimulant laxative.

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/senokot.html.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/colace.html

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Strjen
on 3/18/13 11:24 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12

I've been on Celexa 40mg for 13 years & just recently had to have 150mg of Wellbutrin added which the combo made me easily irritaded & snapy so on Friday my PCP decided maybe I need to try something new since they are finding out that Celexa is having a lot of interaction symptoms with other drugs. So after weaning myself off my Celexa this week I will start taking 20mg of Prozac with the Wellbutrin. Hopefully it is a good combo for me. Definitely talk with your PCP about what is right for you. I can't go without my meds, just ask my family. Lol Good luck!

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

yippeex8
on 3/18/13 12:12 pm - Jenison, MI

I've been taking Zoloft for years, and a couple years ago, PCP added Wellbutrin. I'm at 3 months out next week, and have had an awful week, mood-wise. I take the Zoloft at night and Wellbutrin in the morning. I have appt with nutritionist in a week, bloodwork next week, and PCP the end of the week. I am just laying low until after bloodwork. Fortunately, I get to volunteer a couple times this week, so that should help my mood!

netnay
on 3/18/13 1:04 pm
RNY on 03/27/13

My surgery is in 8 days and I was wondering the same thing. I called my pcp last week just to make sure that I would be ok to still take them and if they would still be effective. They told me they would still be ok to take, but if I feel they aren't working as well I will be calling them!!!

'View

netnay
on 3/18/13 1:06 pm
RNY on 03/27/13

BTW I am on Lamictal 100 mg twice a day and zoloft 40 mg once a day.

'View

Most Active
Recent Topics