What's on your plate today (Friday)?

madeformore
on 3/21/13 11:08 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Heading to a field trip with my preschooler today and then this afternoon, he has his well-child check with kindergarten shots. Guess today is all about him - wonder what the other two kiddos will think of that. :)

Breakfast: Protein shake

Lunch: Greek meatballs, tzatziki sauce, fresh tomato (didn't have this yesterday as planned & have to use the leftovers)

Dinner: Its Dominos Pizza night for the kids' school but I don't want that. Might order for them and do something more protein based for me. Hubby is going to a fish fry with my Mom & Stepdad, since the rest of us aren't fish eaters.

Snacks: Greek yogurt, fruit, cheese stick

Have a great pre-weekend everyone!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/13 11:26 pm
RNY on 04/18/12

Your lunch sounds delicious!  My lunch is boring and almost the same as my breakfast, but I am in a holding pattern right now.  LOL

B - Strawberries, Greek yogurt, and Fiber One

S - decaf vanilla protein coffee

L - Greek yogurt, Fiber One, and two prunes

S - decaf vanilla protein coffee or some Isopure

D - I'm sure we'll be going out for dinner with the girls (see below).  I just started tolerating chicken recently (for the most part) so I imagine I will have some sort of chicken with vegies or salad.

My daughter and granddaughter are coming to visit for the weekend and I am SO excited to see them!  They should be here this afternoon.  Tomorrow we are going to my other daughter's salon for a girls' day cut and color.  I think Papa will get to watch the granddaughter while us girls bask in our beauty!  

I hope you all have a great weekend!

madeformore
on 3/22/13 4:23 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

The greek meatballs are good - and made with chicken so only 72 calories each but 11 g of protein. 2 fill me up. But, especially reheated as leftovers, can be a bit dry. That's where the tzatziki sauce comes in - and made with greek yogurt so more protein. Yummo! I used a recipe featuring Wildtree products but if you don't have those, you can google "greek chicken meatballs" and find lots of options. :)

Amy

Blondie76
on 3/21/13 11:38 pm - AL
I have no clue what to eat today. I'm having a run of bad luck....sinus infection, can't keep anything in me, credit card got "stolen" yesterday and they ran up over $500 in charges before my husband noticed and we cancled it. Then as I was driving home from my in-laws I had a blow out on the freeway. Couldn't get the spare off..praying today is better. And last but not least I'm stalled and can't figure out what to do. I have a feeling I'm not eating enough calories. Ugh.

Going to the coffee shop after the bank so may just wait and hav a skinny latte there.

Lunch is normally chicken salad made with Greek yogurt and spices. With 3 mini peppers on the side.

I think we'll go out for dinner. I'll have grilled shrimp, side salad, and steamed veggies. Well,.that's what ill order and bring a lot home!

Not sure on snacks. Need to go to the grocery store. Pb2 candy if wanted/needed and a shake most likely.

Hope y'all have a blessed day!
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/13 1:42 am - NY
What is PB2 candy? Sounds good
Blondie76
on 3/22/13 10:59 am - AL
It's a candy/fudge that I make using pb2, powered milk, coconut oil (can sub butter), and protein powder. Makes 25 smaller pieces at 26 cal each. If you want the recipe, let me know.
BWB
on 3/22/13 1:57 am

9AM:  Getting a late start so ate a banana.  

11am:  brunch leftover small salmon patty with LOver potato, mushrooms & scallions, egg on top.  All in all it fit into my small bowl-1 cup size.

snacks: SF pudding and jello

dinner:  not sure maybe a grilled pork tenderloin.

Sherry T.
on 3/22/13 2:50 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I really need to start reading these more to get some good ideas for food.  I'm trying to eat well but no matter what when you buy out of convenience, it's not really good for you no matter what you tell yourself and probably why the weight loss is stalling (atleast for me).   After the split and moving back in with my Mom, it's just been a meal here and a meal there and i"ve got to get back to cooking, just after work and then school....sometimes it is a quick grab something...but if I had it already prepared would make it so much easier.   So, that's my goal...find some receipes I can make, freeze and then eat during the week. 

So, here goes:

B-Ham, Egg and Cheese Muffin and Grapefruit, no sugar added cup

L-Grilled Chicken Salad with lite ranch dressing

S-another grapefruit cup or yougurt

D-not sure yet

On a good note, I'm in a pair of jeans I bought at Christmas and they wear so good....I have deemed them my skinny jeans but they are far from it...LOL just they are the low waisted pants and I feel pretty darn good in them.  :)  

Have a great day everyone!!

Sherry

madeformore
on 3/22/13 4:27 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

My favorite make ahead and freeze go-to meal is chili. But the meatballs I talked about earlier in this post would work as well (or any meatballs). And I know there is someone on here who makes Nik's taco casserole from the Bariatric Foodie website and eats it all week long. It sounds like with your hectic schedule, making things on maybe Sunday to eat throughout the week would be a great plan. Hope you can get it all worked out!

I often throw a whole chicken or a roast in the crockpot and then eat it throughout the week also. Yummo. Just toss a packet of lipton onion soup mix in it and you are good to go. Super easy and yummy.

Amy

FutureHopes
on 3/22/13 3:04 am - Minneapolis, MN

B: premier protein shake

S: blueberries

L: 1 babybell cheese and smoked salmon

S: greek yogurt

D: not sure yet

Cant wait to take my after picture

2/22 My new beginning

Add me on MFP: Going2w1n