Looking for a milk substitute

apurdie
on 3/22/13 3:16 pm - CA

Prior to RYN, Iover my 3 glasses of milk a day.  Since RYN, I have become lactose intolerant especially of milk.  I have tried coconut milk, every kind of soy milke, almond and rice milk, and they taste slimy to me.  Can I add water to any of these to thin them out and does that help?  Thanks!  Allison

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/13 3:23 pm

will rice milk work?

apurdie
on 3/22/13 3:42 pm - CA

I am getting them all, isn't rice kind of thick too?

poet_kelly
on 3/22/13 4:35 pm - OH

Have you tried Lactaid brand milk?  Or you might want to try raw milk - many people that are lactose intolerant are actually able to tolerate raw milk because it contains the enzyme lactase that we need to help us digest the lactose in milk.  Pasteurizing milk destroys the lactase in it, making it harder to digest.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mary Catherine
on 3/22/13 4:37 pm
Lactaid tastes the same with no lactose
karenp8
on 3/22/13 9:12 pm - Brighton, IL

I have used the Lactaid brand and it tasted like regular milk to me.

TXKashmir
on 3/23/13 1:41 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Something else you could try is Hood Calorie Countdown - it's not actually milk, but it's low-calorie, no fat, low carbs, and has all the benefits of milk (calcium, protein, vit D, etc.) I think it tastes just like milk. They carry it at my local Kroger and Walmart - it's a little pricey compared to regular milk, but worth it for my dollar!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Most Active
Recent Topics