Dehydrated!

chickiedoo123
on 3/24/13 12:01 pm - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Went to urgent care this afternoon after almost passing out in the store and I am dehydrated....feeling [email protected] to drink lots, and trying to figure out if I should go to work in the morning if I feel like this....

Ellie                
Rita180
on 3/24/13 12:34 pm - colorado springs, CO

If you still feel bad stay home but it is very important that you get your fluids in. try to sip on something for the rest of the night. I love to drink chicken broth with a little pepper in it. Hope you feel better soon take care

Kat Kat
on 3/24/13 12:57 pm - AZ

How awful to have happen, but what are you going to do to not have this happen again? Dehydration is a very serious issue.

Kat

chickiedoo123
on 3/24/13 1:13 pm - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

I swear....this dehydration is dumb and not fun.  I have it all planned out.....I had to set alarms on my phone to remember my vitamins - I am going to set alarms on my phone to remember to drink.  You would think after 7 months I would have this down but I am working on it :-)

Ellie                
Kat Kat
on 3/24/13 1:46 pm - AZ

LOL...you read my mind, I was thinking that after 7 months you would have a plan in place. I had a hard time in the beginning, and was up so late at night making sure I had all my fluids in. I found that using a straw really helped me a lot. I also hate, hate, hate artificial sweeteners. I finally found a few things I love, so now I suck my drinks down so fast that I am always running for refills. Try to tune in to your body too, it will tell you what it needs faster than an alarm.

Best Wishes,

Kat

Blondie76
on 3/24/13 7:11 pm - AL
Will you share what you love to drink? I still struggle at over a year out with finding a drink I like. Lately its been coconu****er, water, strawberries, and stevia blended together. Iced tea works too!
Kat Kat
on 3/25/13 1:18 am - AZ

HI Blondie,

Sure, I'd love to!

I hear you on struggling to find things to drink. For almost my entire first year I only had water and skim milk. I used to hate iced tea, and like I said, I really hate artificial sweeteners. After some experimentation, I was able to mix a few things which now make iced tea (specific brands only) taste pretty great and I can drink artificial sweeteners in very small doses. The discovery of NuNaturals Liquid stevia was a real turning point for me.

1. My all-time favorite drink is a non-alcohol ****tail made with Lipton or Gold Pea****d tea, 2 oz of Minute Maid 15 cal Lemonade, 1 oz of Pom juice,  then I add NuNaturals liquid stevia to taste(NOT Truvia or any other  stevia from the regular market, blech) . I limit this to only 2 drinks a day max. because of the calories and sugar. It falls into about 22.5 calories and 4.5 sugars.
  1. I drink this same ****tail as above minus the POM juice often because it rolls out to about 4 calories and .5 sugars.
  1. I love coffee made with sugar free French vanilla creamer (watch the calories here too). I add some plain cocoa and again, sweeten with NuNaturals liquid stevia.
  1. I mix a batch of Unsweetened Kool-Aid with Nu Naturals liquid stevia and pour it over ice. Sometimes I mix a few flavors together like grape with lemonade.
  1. I like to make a shake with skim milk or vanilla almond milk (8 oz), vanilla protein powder (1 scoop), Frozen strawberries (2 -4 oz) and liquid NuNaturals stevia. It comes out like a shake. It’s really good for a morning on the run schedule in the summer or at night just before bed.

Before I forget, the NuNaturals Stevia comes in a small brown glass bottle with an eye dropper. I get it in the Nutrition Aisle at Whole foods or Wegmans, but it can be bought on Amazon too. It’s about $13 for a small bottle, but a little goes a long way. I pick the non-vanilla, alcohol free. Oh, and I also found that too much can be bitter or sickeningly sweet, but just the right amount is awesome, so you’ll need to experiment with your taste buds.

Warning: The discovery of drinks you like will lead to an increase of bathroom visits!

I hope these drink recipes help.

Kat

Blondie76
on 3/25/13 1:47 am - AL
Hi Kat!
Thanks for the ideas! I'm a big NuNaturals fan! Always have a stash with me. I'll have to try the vanilla....I always get the plain.
I love coffee! Just saw a new creamer made with coconut milk, stevia, and dates that I'm going to try! I eat mainly Paleo so creamer is out. Usually use almond milk but this other looked so good for a treat!
I'm definitely going to try your tea/lemonaide/pom drink, it sounds refreshing and ill limit it as well!
Thanks for sharing!!
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 397 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 386 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 127 views